Stuck in a restart loop

Hi,

Hope somebody can help please.

I have had difficulty recording some channels and got in touch with "help section" and they advised having seen my logs, that my LAV codec needed up dating and trying on different settings until i found the correct one,( to enable me to record successfully). This i have done, but, the programme is now stuck in a constant restart loop , every 5 secs. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, several times - i have installed earlier versions, but it is still stuck in this loop and is totally unusable. I have contacted "help" again and received no reply - i have bought this programme and it has waorked flawlessly until today.
Can anybody help please - it seems to me, that i am not completely removing it, despite deleting all residual files and i believe registry enteries?

Regards

Robert Sproson

Re: Stuck in a restart loop

I have uninstalled the Windows up date and can now open the programme - however, no matter how i set up the LAV codec, all my recordings fail after about 5 mins . It says an error occurred during recording. It is very frustrating? Is there a default setting i can set the LAV codec to or is there an alternative codec i could use?

Rob

Re: Stuck in a restart loop

Hi,

Thanks for the response -

Yes i believe it was the Windows update, it has re-installed itself now and ProgDVB is still working.

In answer to other channels recording - it records normal channels fine( live playing channels), it is only the pre- recorded or library channels(VOD) that the difficulty arises.
I have several codecs installed - i have the KLite pack, but, dont have any option to change to anything i recognise, such as FFmpeg?

Regards

Rob