Constant issues with audio jaggines, cutting out and getting out of sync

#1
Hi!

I'm not sure when this started, it might have been always present. I have an Astrometa tuner and use madVR (but it also happened with EVR) and LAV both with prog/microsoft demuxer.

With two channels in particular I constantly get this issue. The audio at first crackles sometimes, then starts cutting out more and more until it goes totally silent. Sometimes I also noticed the audio being out of sync while this was happening.
With other channels that I watch I only notice crackling and audio desynchronization sometimes, but it never becomes worse than that. (the desynchronization can be annoying in itself)

Also the same channels in another tuner app (DVBViewer) while also using madVR and LAV doesn't show any of this with the same channels so it has to be something on ProgDVB's side.

Here are the channel properties:
1:

Code: Select all

<Channel id="8001A3F9.000000000005C490.001A">
	<Caption>DIGI Sport 1 HD</Caption>
	<ProviderName>DIGI Miskolc</ProviderName>
	<Freq>378000</Freq>
	<SR>6900000</SR>
	<TunerType>3</TunerType>
	<Modulation>256-QAM</Modulation>
	<SID>26</SID>
	<PCR>3211</PCR>
	<PMT>3210</PMT>
	<VideoPID>3211</VideoPID>
	<TID>5</TID>
	<NID>1</NID>
	<VideoFormat>2</VideoFormat>
	<Streams>
		<Item>
			<PID>3212</PID>
			<Type>Audio</Type>
			<SubType>1</SubType>
			<Lng>7239016</Lng>
		</Item>
	</Streams>
	<LogoName>digi sport 1 hd</LogoName>
	<LogoSourceType>2</LogoSourceType>
	<EpgAliasSourceType>3</EpgAliasSourceType>
	<ScrambledFromTS>1</ScrambledFromTS>
	<OldCanUpdate>1</OldCanUpdate>
	<CanUpdateCaption>1</CanUpdateCaption>
	<Vide3Dflag>1</Vide3Dflag>
	<ChNumber>19</ChNumber>
	<OrigenalChNumber>52</OrigenalChNumber>
	<ListIndex>22</ListIndex>
	<ChCounter>278</ChCounter>
</Channel>
2:

Code: Select all

<Channel id="8001A3F9.00000000000B6210.001C">
	<Caption>DIGI Sport 2 HD</Caption>
	<ProviderName>DIGI Miskolc</ProviderName>
	<Freq>746000</Freq>
	<SR>6900000</SR>
	<TunerType>3</TunerType>
	<Modulation>256-QAM</Modulation>
	<SID>28</SID>
	<PCR>33</PCR>
	<PMT>200</PMT>
	<VideoPID>33</VideoPID>
	<TID>29</TID>
	<NID>1</NID>
	<VideoFormat>2</VideoFormat>
	<Streams>
		<Item>
			<PID>101</PID>
			<Type>Audio</Type>
			<SubType>1</SubType>
			<Lng>7239016</Lng>
		</Item>
	</Streams>
	<LogoName>digi sport 2 hd</LogoName>
	<LogoSourceType>2</LogoSourceType>
	<EpgAliasSourceType>3</EpgAliasSourceType>
	<ScrambledFromTS>1</ScrambledFromTS>
	<OldCanUpdate>1</OldCanUpdate>
	<CanUpdateCaption>1</CanUpdateCaption>
	<Vide3Dflag>1</Vide3Dflag>
	<ChNumber>20</ChNumber>
	<OrigenalChNumber>54</OrigenalChNumber>
	<ListIndex>42</ListIndex>
	<ChCounter>279</ChCounter>
</Channel>

Re: Constant issues with audio jaggines, cutting out and getting out of sync

#3
Prog wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:56 pm
What audio card?
Now it's my new mobo's audio. I used to use a Xonar D1. Doesn't seem to make a difference.
Prog wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:56 pm
try ProgDemux+ Prog audio renderer
Okay. Though the prog demuxer I tried before but it had additional problems. Some channels were weirdly choppy.
Though I don't think I ever tried changing audio renderers.

Re: Constant issues with audio jaggines, cutting out and getting out of sync

#6
Bah. I get all sorts of problems. With prog demultiplexer some channels are unwatchable for the huge amount of framedrops. (Other channels still drop frames when they shouldn't but rarely)
With Microsoft demultiplexer these channels are much better, but other ones drop frames and get progressively out of sync. After a few minutes you get seconds of audio delay.

All of it's very buggy. Because all the variable issues, it feels like ProgDVB does a poor job at keeping the different filters and renderers in sync.

Re: Constant issues with audio jaggines, cutting out and getting out of sync

#9
Prog wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:09 pm
Must be some reason why ProgDVB too bad working on your PC. May be bad traffic or some exotic sound card. Some different with 90% other PCs.
Doubt it. I just upgraded the hardware, so I have a new mobo and CPU, and use the internal soundcard instead of the Xonar I used. Yet the problems with progDVB remained. Only thing "special" Is that I use madVR and LAV.
cron