Conflict between ProgDVD Pro 64

I hope someone can help me. I am running the latest version of ProgDVB Pro 64. I use this software to only watch free to air TV with ProgDVB Pro, and have been for many years now.

My PC is modern and fast. I have 32G RAM, and a fast dedicated nVidia 1060 card with 6G RAM.

I am experiencing 2 problems:

The most problematic is that as soon as I start Google Chrome, the ProvDVB video immediately freezes, but the audio keeps going. To get the video back, I shut ProgDVB and then restart ProgDVB. Everything then works OK only to stop if I open Chrome again.
If Chrome is running before I open ProgDVB, ProgDVB keeps working, but if I then click on a hyperlink in Chrome, the ProgDVB video then immediately freezes. This happens when using Chrome, but does not happen if I use Microsoft EDGE. I have found no conflict with Edge at all.
So why don't I just use EDGE? I far prefer Chrome! (no, I haven't tied Firefox).
I have had this issue for at least for the last year. I have continually updated ProgDVB, Chrome and Win10Pro64, without improvement. I have one intriguing finding. I once uninstalled Google Chrome, and also carefully removed all related Chrome entries in the registry using Regedit. Then I reloaded the latest Chrome, with no extensions, and the problem disappeared!! That was so good! But alas after about 48 hours the same problem began again. Chrome still was free of extensions, meaning IMHO the problem is independent of extensions.
The problem is the same with both mp4 and mpeg2 transmissions.
I have tried different codecs, but this did not cure my problem.

This next problem is rather minor, but I am raising it because it may relate to problem 1.
When I am watching HD (free to air mp4) the "Time Shift" does not work. If I try to drag back in the transmitted TV program, then the replay immediately fails. I get a few single frames and distorted audio and after approximately 3 or so seconds the video and audio slowly. Simply reclicking on the TV channel, all is then OK again, but of course that resets the "Time shift", and all previous content (that is stored in RAM) is lost .
ProvDVB is a fabulous product, and I have never found a competing program that does not come even close. I extend my thanks to the developers! ie the whole company!

Regards,
Doug
Australia :)

Re: Conflict between ProgDVD Pro 64

doug49 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:16 pm
I hope someone can help me. I am running the latest version of ProgDVB Pro 64. I use this software to only watch free to air TV with ProgDVB Pro, and have been for many years now.

My PC is modern and fast. I have 32G RAM, and a fast dedicated nVidia 1060 card with 6G RAM.

I am experiencing 2 problems:

The most problematic is that as soon as I start Google Chrome, the ProvDVB video immediately freezes, but the audio keeps going. To get the video back, I shut ProgDVB and then restart ProgDVB. Everything then works OK only to stop if I open Chrome again.
If Chrome is running before I open ProgDVB, ProgDVB keeps working, but if I then click on a hyperlink in Chrome, the ProgDVB video then immediately freezes. This happens when using Chrome, but does not happen if I use Microsoft EDGE. I have found no conflict with Edge at all.
So why don't I just use EDGE? I far prefer Chrome! (no, I haven't tied Firefox).
I have had this issue for at least for the last year. I have continually updated ProgDVB, Chrome and Win10Pro64, without improvement. I have one intriguing finding. I once uninstalled Google Chrome, and also carefully removed all related Chrome entries in the registry using Regedit. Then I reloaded the latest Chrome, with no extensions, and the problem disappeared!! That was so good! But alas after about 48 hours the same problem began again. Chrome still was free of extensions, meaning IMHO the problem is independent of extensions.
The problem is the same with both mp4 and mpeg2 transmissions.
I have tried different codecs, but this did not cure my problem.

This next problem is rather minor, but I am raising it because it may relate to problem 1.
When I am watching HD (free to air mp4) the "Time Shift" does not work. If I try to drag back in the transmitted TV program, then the replay immediately fails. I get a few single frames and distorted audio and after approximately 3 or so seconds the video and audio slowly. Simply reclicking on the TV channel, all is then OK again, but of course that resets the "Time shift", and all previous content (that is stored in RAM) is lost .
ProvDVB is a fabulous product, and I have never found a competing program that does not come even close. I extend my thanks to the developers! ie the whole company!

Regards, I had conflict like that on my PC and Video renderer to EVR did the trick..
Doug
Australia :)