No SOUND watching channel while recording (pip)!

Hello,

I am trying to watch a channel while recording another channel wich should work (multiple connection iptv provider) !
But while progdvb records in the background i don't have sound output from progtv !!!! And when i use progdvb alone to watch À channel on my 2nd display while recording another channel !! I only get sound from the recording channel, but not from the channel iam zapping to and watch currently !!!

Used All sort of Audio/video settings... BUT NOTHING seems to help !!!
Furthermore, on some A/V settings when i try to zap to another channel while recording PRogDVB CRASHES and EXITS !!

I SINCERELY HOPE , there's an way to work arround that or better yet it gets fixed !!

i have put the logs file as attachement for further study.

EDIT: : I spoke to soon!! appearantly i "JUST" have found an method/setting that works ... so far !
EDIT 2: Here's the thing! When i use the follow audio CODEC settings : System Type → Default WAVEout i CANNOT get sound on the channel i watch while recording !!!

@progdvb, its import i get the sound to work by using Systems default waveout type. Because when progdvb is recording while iam for instance watching an Bluray movie from powerdvd. Powerdvd needs exclusive acces to my home theatre to BITSTREAM Dolby Atmos you see !!! And ONLY when i use Default waveout type in progdvb, the channels gets recorded .
If i use other settings in progdvb , i get sound while recording anothe channel !! BUT .. i can't record an clean stream while watching an movie through powerdvd at the same time !!!!

That's the issue at hand!! There's no pressure resolving that , but it would be great to have this combo to work.

thanks in advance,
TD
Current Main System:
MOBO: Sabretooth FX990 R2.0
CPU: FX-8350BE@4,7Ghz
Cooling: NZXT x52
GPU: RX580 8GB
SSD: Samsung EVO 850 250GB
RAM: 16GB PC3-12800 Quad Channel
Monitor: MSI Optix G27C2
Attachments
Logs.rar
No sound while recording !!
(90.48 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Re: No SOUND watching channel while recording (pip)!

Prog wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:02 am
Typical problem of ATI HDMI out. Not best sound card... I am recomend use system audio renderer. What audio codec? Is it depended from audio format on channel?
Wow, my Ati gpu is an RX580 8GB and therefor an fairly new model (2018 manufactured date!) with rev2.0 hdmi and rev1.4a dvp ports!
I never would have guessed this card its capabilities wouldn't be aduquate for just decode A/V !!

Anyway, no matter wich codec i choose or audio format from channel it play's . It seems it has something to do with both the Default AUDIO RENDER SETTINGS and AC3 audio render settings !!

Again, using Direct Sound or primary sound driver as Device driver and Prog audio render as TYPE i have Sound on the current channel i watch while recording another channel !
Only, when using WaveOut as Device driver that IS ONLY AVAILABLE when i choose SyStem Type Audio Render i DON'T get any sound at the channel i watch while recording another channel !! I only can have sound on 1 channel and thus the current channel i watch when i use WaveOut as Default Device Output!

I have integrated Realtek soundcard onboard of my mobo, but i rather dont use that because of extra steps and cable connections from pc to my receiver i have to go through you know!!!
But, i have an optical cable laying arround here. And maybe i can have progdvb app use that as audio output while using HDMI for powerdvd ... Maybe that will do the trick .

thanks

cheers,
TD
Current Main System:

Prog wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:30 pm
I hope you not use WASAPI.

But in one ProgDVB sound must be only from one channel (current selected channel)
No, WASAPI doesn't even FUNCTION entirely !!!
Ofcourse, iam talking about sound on 1 channel only . Meaning , Sound on the CHANNEL iam CURRENTLY WATCHING !

No Point, having sound from the channel iam recording (AUDIO) while iam watching (VIDEO) another channel !!!

regards
TD,
Current Main System:

Prog wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:34 am
Stop. Do you have sound from background channel but not from current? I think recording not important for this problem...
Yep :mrgreen: , that wos the issue at hand .. Using System (as Default audio renderer) → and Default WaveOut (as Device Output) by doing that i only could have sound from the 1st , yes i repeat from the FIRST RECORDED STREAM !! All other channels i zapped to (recording or not) DID NOT OUTPUT SOUND !!

But again, i have posted in another thread yet another similar problem i have had with progdvb.
I have solved that by using now Optical output for progdvb instead of HDMI .
As i explained before , i wos searching for the right setup / combo to get progdvb working (recording) in the background while watching bluray or other video's that BItstreamed (passthrough) AC3, DTS, etc etc to my receiver !

Using 2 seperate Audio Outputs (hdmi & toslink) is one way so that ProgDVB wouldn't CLASH alway's anymore with other applications that needed access to my receiver you know !!

so mission accomplished :) , but it takes more cables and what not!!

cheers,
TD
Current Main System: