2. DVB card type, hardware revision, driver version
Hauppauge Nexus
Sky Star 1 over TT - Hard Mode

3. OS version and language
Microsoft Windows XP; Professional; Version 2002; Service Pack 2
English

4. All kind of error messages, including cause, if mentioned
Screen is blank in ProgDVB 4.80, everything is OK for ProgDVB 4.77

5. Did a cold reboot help (not just some sleep / standby mode)
No cigar

SiLencer wrote:No problem here ...do you live in NA ?

In last versions there is a bug relating to NTSC output...
And... you are correct. The country is USA using obviously NTSC. What are my options?
Thanks for the quick response.

MooseOnTheLoose wrote:
SiLencer wrote:No problem here ...do you live in NA ?

In last versions there is a bug relating to NTSC output...
And... you are correct. The country is USA using obviously NTSC. What are my options?
Thanks for the quick response.
iam used progdvb 4.80 and test ntsc system on the hotbird (pantagon ch.)
work no problem..

he speaks about softmode (or budget card in use)....

use old version or go per progdvb start in device options and set video out->Standart ´NTSC´...press ok...

SiLencer wrote:he speaks about softmode (or budget card in use)....

use old version or go per progdvb start in device options and set video out->Standart ´NTSC´...press ok...
You are the man, although it is pretty strange. It is sufficient to go to Settings/"Device Options" and press OK (NTSC is already selected as Standart). When I close ProgDVB and restart it the screen is blank again, after Settings/"Device Options" + OK the picture is back.
Thanks everybody.

We could also read about this before, both on the old ProgDVB forum and on DVBN.

Seems the device setting for NTSC is not initialized on ProgDVB start time, perhaps the relevant Options.ini setting not read.
May even be a timing issue around firmware loading.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Well, I don't know any true NTSC signals available for me from 13°E, 19.2°E, 28.2°E or 30°W.
If any existing, please would somebody point me there...

My TV equipment is compatible to all existing NTSC, all PAL and even SECAM B/G + D/K (frame and line ID) standards.

But I'm only getting OSD, no picture, if tuning in PAL signals and trying to play out as NTSC(60Hz obviously)

On all of my my tests, with different DVB software, the SS1 seems NOT to be able, to convert PAL(625) standard signals to NTSC(525) for it's TV out (resp. the PC screen in HW mode), just by the device settings.

So, to get a picture on HW TV out, the video out setting obviously must fit the TV standard of the source (transmission).

---------------------------------------------------

However, when I try to set the SS1 TV out to NTSC, ProgDVB ignores this at start time, it still goes PAL, until I enter the device options. Those already show NTSC then, but I have to confirm to really switch over.
So far, I can the initializing bug.

Did not have the time, to test the same on older versions, weekend's too short..
Next few days, after work, perhaps I will find some more time.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>