Sticky Channels?

How do I do it?

Currently I use ProgDVB 5.09.02
The satellites I view are:
Optus B3
Optus D1
Intelsat 2 Ku
Intelsat 2 C band

All of these birds are frequented by feeds that come and go.
On Optus D1 there are about 6 channels of interest that have hidden pids.

There are a few problems I am suffering:
After manually entering the pids for D1, if I scan the satellite, the hidden Pids I have entered disappear! I have to re enter them, and this is starting to annoy me!

If I set a channel number to a channel which normally does not receive a channel number during a scan, again the number is lost after a scan of the bird.

ProgDVB works really well, after the ususal half a dozen XP patches required to keep it stable.
It allows me to watch 4.2.2 Feeds which would normally cost me over $1000 for a STB, but the functionality of the software is a little queer!

Have I over looked something?
Is there a way of leaving channels in the list without deleting them if the are not there when I scan a satellite?
Is there a way of locking a channel number to a channel that will remain after a scan?

All in all ProgDVB at the moment does alot of things that no other software does, I love it!
But how do I get it to do these basic functions?

Jamie

You can set individual channels to not update.
And you don't have to let them be deleted when being listed as lost after a scan.

There are no channel numbers in the tables that are read at scan time.

BUT you can easily change channel names, those won't be overwritten at an update.
AND you can make a faourites list, copy that stations over there. That fav list can hold stations from any satellite, and they can have their own numbering, if reindexed as last, strictly following the sorting there, as long as an entry is unique in there.
You can move, delete, sort into custom folders, whatever you like, in a favourites list.
That list is, like the dynamics are, some kind of a link table, referring to the central channels data base. So at scan time, favs will as well be updated (if allowed), but sorting and grouping won't be effected there.

Well, all that's very basic stuff for years now.
And being curious, looking into all menue items, options, properties and alike does not hurt at all...

BTW, for precision reasons, I'm in any case referring to 4.x versions, but most functions are identical on .NET versions.

Have fun
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

This sounds like it's similar to what I'm trying to do as mentioned in a thread I started the other day.

Ok, just a couple of questions on the issue:

1-Can I have more than 1 faverate folder for each sat and does that faverate folder store inside the sat folder\channel list folder for that sat in prog?

2-Can the same channel be copied to more than 1 faverate folder (say 4 faverate folders for a given sat) and will it stay there if a transponder containing a given channel is scanned again or in the future?.

Dave9946 wrote:1-Can I have more than 1 faverate folder for each sat
Sure. But it's not folders, but seperate favourites lists.

For years now, I have two favs lists, one for radio, one for TV stations.
Each contains stations from every bird I can get.
Dave9946 wrote:and does that faverate folder store inside the sat folder\channel list folder for that sat in prog?
No, favourites are just special links to the original database. This for , there can be more than on. But channel numbers may get mixed up, once a station exists more than once in a list or if both, dynamic and favs, get numbered.
Dave9946 wrote:2-Can the same channel be copied to more than 1 faverate folder (say 4 faverate folders for a given sat) and will it stay there if a transponder containing a given channel is scanned again or in the future?.
Lists, again.
Partly,yes, but the copies in Favs lists will, for example, get listed as lost separately, if not found on a new scan.
Deleting from a favs list won't hurt the main database.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Re: Sticky Channels?

Hi All,
I use v6.49 std.
When I choose channel search for the first time on a new position, all the channels are found (with the current channel names). After I close the found/lost channel list, I get a new sat position. In that sat position, the channel list is not the list what the scanning found. I get an outdated channel list, with old names.
Can anyone tell me, where these "ghost lists from the past" come from? Where is that file, so I can delete it? Or how to switch this optiopn off? I could not find it anywhere.
Thanks, Aron
DVB-T: PCI Medion (Creatix) CTX953 combo
driver: 1403, 9/24/2009
DVB-C: PCI Technisat CableStar HD2
driver: 111502, 7/2/2009
DVB-S: PCI Technisat SkyStar HD2
DVB sw:
DVB Viewer TE2 10469
DVB Viewer Pro 4210
Mainconcept DTV Decoder Pack 15
DivX 685
AC3Filter 162b

Analogue: PCI Pinnacle PCTV Pro
driver: 10235, 4/11/2003
sw: PCTV Vision 590 Build 168

Abit BD7II, 2800MHz, 1,5GB RAM (almost new :D)
ATI Radeon 7000 32MB RAM
driver: 825200, 5/3/2006
sw: ATI Catalyst Control Cener 12231420337
DirectX 90c (40900000904)
wxpprosp3en

Thanks, now I know what should happen. But it does not. The second scan gives the same result. The third also...
    I have tried to delete all channels and scan again but this way it does not insert the channels anymore to thatlist. (The channel list remains empty.) I had to delete the position and then add it again, this way I could get the absolete channel list, which is still better than nothing...

I have an other question. How to disable the logos in the channel list? They are sometimes misleading (shows wrong logos) and it really slows down the program when it tries to display them. It is really annoying to see the wrong logos near the channel names.

Is there an unofficial Progdvb release somewhere, where these options are switched off?
    Thanks, Aron
    DVB-T: PCI Medion (Creatix) CTX953 combo
    driver: 1403, 9/24/2009
    DVB-C: PCI Technisat CableStar HD2
    DVB-S: PCI Technisat SkyStar HD2
    DVB sw:
    DVB Viewer TE2 10469
    DVB Viewer Pro 4210
    Mainconcept DTV Decoder Pack 15
    DivX 685
    AC3Filter 162b

Analogue: PCI Pinnacle PCTV Pro
    driver: 10235, 4/11/2003
    sw: PCTV Vision 590 Build 168

Abit BD7II, 2800MHz, 1,5GB RAM (almost new :D)
    ATI Radeon 7000 32MB RAM
    driver: 825200, 5/3/2006
    sw: ATI Catalyst Control Cener 12231420337
    DirectX 90c (40900000904)
    wxpprosp3en

I was wondering if it would be possible to get a feature such as "sticky" channels, similar to how Outlook has Favourite folders.

This feature would let you select channels to be "stickied", which would place them at the top of the Tree Bar allowing quick access, while still keeping them in their current place, under their original server windows.

I believe this would benefit users who are connected to several networks/channels at the same time (or have networks minimized/collapsed), however perfer to keep an eye, or prioritize certain channels above others.

I've briefly searched the forum, aswell as the documentation, however I haven't seen anything similar to this as a feature request or script.

I hope these pictures help explain what I'm after: