Juergen wrote:Last issue may be user rights or disk quota related.
Try another place

Others, no idea.
Perhaps someone else can help or confirm?
I open Settings >> Controls.. Then chose an entry.. for example "Volume up" then click "Edit".. Click "Learn" next to the "Remote control key" field.. A window pops up asking to press the desired key on the keyboard (??).. Anything I press on the remote control, nothing happens.

Should this work or I'm the one who does something wrong?

This is hardware related.

The SS1 premium / Nexus cards do have a remote interface, that is attached directly to the card's system controller (Philips SAA 7146 concept) and by this acts exactly like a TV remote. Windows won't know anything about this remote, only DVB applications get informed by firmware and driver.
ProgDVB handles those as remote.

Most other 'remote controls' in fact are (MS Windows) HID components, emulating keyboard controls. Also for ProgDVB then...

Some may even use their own tricks, by this either not working in ProgDVB, or depending on the capabilities of the device file used.
Last edited by Juergen on Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Juergen wrote:This is hardware related.

The SS1 premium / Nexus cards do habe a remote interface, that is attached directly to the card's system controller (Philips SAA 7146 concept) and by this acts exactly like a TV remote. Windows won't know anything about this remote, only DVB applications get informed by firmware and driver.
ProgDVB handles those as remote.
The TT-Budget S2-3200 is also have a direct remote control connector (<see this photo>), so I guess this also should handled by ProgDVB. Agree with me?

If the big chip on it is a Philips SAA7146, most probably, yes.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86

Auf Deutsch:

Juergen wrote:If the big chip on it is a Philips SAA7146, most probably, yes.
I didn't want to put out my card from my computer to check it, so I rather googled for some photos..

I found a high resolution image <here> where we can see it.

It's a Philips SAA7146AH...

So most probably the IR remote should work as such in ProgDVB, though perhaps all or most controls have to be teached in completely.
It's important to avoid double use of keys and controls.
Perhaps start with a new controls.ini.

BTW, what device file do you use?
This would have to support the HW attached remote receiver natively.
E.g.like the old hauppauge Nova / TT budget (SS3) did.
Though, only Prog might know, if it's SDK allows this.
Or someone else who had success with it... ???

I don't have that hardware here.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

Juergen wrote: BTW, what device file do you use?
This would have to support the HW attached remote receiver natively.
E.g.like the old hauppauge Nova / TT budget (SS3) did.
Though, only Prog might know, if it's SDK allows this.
Or someone else who had success with it... ???

I don't have that hardware here.
Sorry for the late answer, I have been away for a couple of days.

According to Settings >> Device list, the filename is "BDA.Device" version 1.42. However, in the lower dialog, the supported features are:
"Diseq commands, Options dialog, Disable power on LNB, CAM Interface, Transport stream, 22KHz control", but no "Remote control" which is present for some other devices.

Try to find a WDM - not BDA - driver for it.
BDA can't use special hardware functions like device controller integrated IR interface.

Anyway, normally a working BDA device would carry a hardware specific name, if resp. after the original software once was installed and set up completely, depending on special registry entries this would create (--> tuning space).
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

Juergen wrote:Try to find a WDM - not BDA - driver for it.
BDA can't use special hardware functions like device controller integrated IR interface.

Anyway, normally a working BDA device would carry a hardware specific name, if resp. after the original software once was installed and set up completely, depending on special registry entries this would create (--> tuning space).
Actually, there's no WDM driver for it, and I guess there won't be any. The original software is installed though, and it's working correctly (including the remote control), just it lacks so many features that I'm looking for an alternate application to control my card...

By the way the first column in the device list holds the tuner name, so there's no problem with that, just the "file name" is "BDA.Device".

So Prog woill have to find out about the dirty tricks, TT are using to bypass te BDA limitations for their own software.
That's everything but easy...
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

WDM and BDA AND vISTA

As far as I have learned the hard way: No sat cards can be used for diseqc commands IF the operating system is Vista. Vista have changed the network structure and will therefore NOT accept WDM drivers.
Means ONLY BDA can be used.
- And BDA does NOT support the Disecq standard.
Only solution is to install XP,( which gives other problems), use WDM drivers (and forget about HDTV) or live with a half working (very) often crashing software from forexample DVBViewer. (every single channel change means software crash)
Or get yourself a set-top-box...
Correct me if I am wrong.
Hopefully someone out there will, and tell me it is not tru, that would make me extremly happy, I have a brand new PC, and a brand new sat card, new motor+a V-box and so on, and nothing works at all.. nothing...
Had hoped DVBProg maybe worked, but reading here on this board makes me belive it don't. ProgDVB only support WDM. Same goes for several other softwares, forexample Mytheatre and FastSatfinder.
BDA/Vista is a disaster for PC sat cards!! :evil:

Re: .

Prog wrote:BDA must good work also for this card (include RC and diseq).
are you 100% sure? .. not to offend you in any way!!!

I can live without RC ( ehmmm well.. almost..ehmmm..noo not really hahaha), but the disecq commands MUST work.
What I have read on the board say the opersite of what you say.

I must say I have paid for so far 3 different softwares that all claimed to be the best on this planet. (MyTheatre, DvbViewer and Fastsattracker) none have worked.

MyTheatre not at all ( works perfect using XP and WDM = no HDTV, I can live without it!! )

DVBViewer ( have only tried under Vista incl. BDA= major crash, blue screen, and signals disaper when using the motor-console- totally unstable)

Fastsattracker: can NOT be used with Vista at all, claim to be able to be incooperated in DVBProg) is that tru?
(tried this software to make it easier to find sat-positions, I know it is not a program for viewing TV...)

The card is a Technotrend S2-3200,+ Motech positioner.
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Mote ... ontrol.htm

If you are right I´ll buy you a beer imidiately:) ..several!!!