Re: bug feedback - post newly found progdvb bugs here

I have found an issue with EPG and am not sure if it applies only to my local area/channels or is more widespread.
link 1) http://www.activesoft.com.au/misc/1.jpg
Here you can clearly see selected the show "Real Estate Lifestyle" and the description is shown below. This is good.

link 2) http://www.activesoft.com.au/misc/2.jpg
Here it gets interesting. I have selected "Before the game" but the only description is "[Program Info Ten]". Any program selected from channel "Ten digital" or channel "ONE HD" (run by same company) always results in the same "[Program Info Ten]".

Now I know for a fact that there should be more description. From windows media center:
link 3) http://www.activesoft.com.au/misc/3.jpg
You can see the same program "before the game" has more description plus appended the text "[Program Info Ten]". However as can be see in link 2, ProgDVB only has the last bit and doesn't have the whole description.

Another issue is that, you can see in link 2 that even though i have clicked "before the game", it is not highlighted as it should be. This is true for any program I click on from channel "Ten digital" or channel "ONE HD", they do not highlight. This doesn't seem to cause functional issues but is a bit weird. Could this be related to the above issue?

Thanks,
Matt

First let me thank for this great peace of software.
Let me ask 2 questions:
- is it right, that the build-in scheduler
"use ProgDVB-service for recording without start of ui"
does not / can not wakeup computer from standby (would be nice anyway)?
Which leads me to the second question:
using the windows-scheduler "wakeup - record - standby" is working but progdvb freezes when starting. Why? I use a netbook MSI 100 and when ProgDVB wakes up my netbook from standby screen remains totally dark, maybe this could have something to do with progdvb freezing?

Thanks anyway,
Olnima

P.S.: Fiddling around a bit and yes, it seems that freezing progdvb comes from the not-schwitched-on display which is ok for me (don't want to be woken up in the middle of the night when capturing starts).
When I move the mouse in the moment when netbook wakes up screen powers up and everything is fine. Maybe there is a way that progdvb does not freeze when starting without powering on the screen.
Or maybe have a third option like "use windows scheduler for recording but without start of ProgDVB-UI".

hi
im having a very anoing problem with progdvb and hadu and when ever i minimize progdvb while using hadu to whatch channels and no mater what chanel im whatching and what video or audoi or renderer i use progdvb sudenly crashes and exits . and i dont have this problem with acamd . but hadu is very faster and more responsible to ser... .im facing this prob sins i gues Win vista and after that Win seven i just dont remember what version this thing started whith. enyway i realy be thank full if u som how fix this bug or what ever it is.
thx

hi prog and thx for replay .

ok i did disable all modules and plugins . and i started watching a regular channel wihch does'nt need eny plug to whatch and then i minimized and no crash or exits . but like i metioned this crash hapens when i whatch encripted channels using hadu . so i removed all plugins and just put hadu.dll and hadu.ini and minimized progdvb while encripted channel is on and hear we go again progdvb crashes . i tryed again and i started the progdvb again but this time removed all plugins and just puted acamd plugin . and minimized on same channel or ather encripted channels and again did minimized progdvb but this time prog wase ok and no crash. i guess there is some kind of incompatibility with hadu or prog in my situation. i dont know.

what do u think i should do?

thx.

hi

i just got another error and crash with epg and to tell the truth it not that new error and it keeps coming randomly and unexpectedly an hear is the ditails.

thx
------------------------------

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type '.' to type '.'.
at ..()
at ProgDvbNet.EpgChannelListHelper.CreateNewList(Object param)
at ProgDvbNet.EpgList.()
at ProgDvbNet.EpgList.()
at ProgDvbNet.EpgList.(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ProgDvbNet
Assembly Version: 6.45.3.0
Win32 Version: 6.45.3
CodeBase: file:///R:/ProgDVB%206.45.3/ProgDvbNet.exe
EngineApiWrapper
Assembly Version: 1.4.2.0
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///R:/ProgDVB%206.45.3/EngineApiWrapper.DLL
msvcm90
Assembly Version: 9.0.30729.4926
Win32 Version: 9.00.30729.4926
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4926_none_508ed732bcbc0e5a/msvcm90.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
ProgDvbNet.bc
Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///R:/ProgDVB%206.45.3/ProgDvbNet.bc.DLL
IPDev.Skins
Assembly Version: 1.3.21.0
Win32 Version: 1.3.21.0
CodeBase: file:///R:/ProgDVB%206.45.3/IPDev.Skins.DLL
ProgDvbNet.CD
Assembly Version: 1.0.1.1
Win32 Version: 1.0.1.1
CodeBase: file:///R:/ProgDVB%206.45.3/ProgDvbNet.CD.DLL
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Design
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Drawing.Design
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing.Design/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.Design.dll
ProgDvbNet.Win
Assembly Version: 1.0.1.0
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///R:/ProgDVB%206.45.3/ProgDvbNet.Win.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi Prog

I have a problem with scheduler recording.

I scheduled recording one channel every day for about 5 or 6 hour, but more times when i come back see Progdvb just record 30 min or 1 hour or.... . I do some test and i think every time my signal for just seconds is poor recording is stoped automatic. I test it when i stand for some second in front of my dish and then progdvb crashed or recording is stoped automatic.

I'm using latest progdvb version
SkyStar HD2
Windows 7