Re: bug feedback - post newly found progdvb bugs here

What exactly do you mean? I've been using it for long now.

For example: I configured the hauppauge remote app for ProgDVB to map the "MUTE" key to the letter "M". In ProgDVB, I define M to be mute and unmute in the key bindings. Works.

Please do not terminate ir.exe in your next versions :)

Hmm, haven't tried that out yet. Is it possible to make a choise, whether I want to use the internal ProgDVB function or stick with the old way? I would have to reprogram everything again now and start ir.exe afterwards everytime...

Plus: With ir.exe I have my ini file with all the settings for all my multimedia applications in one place.

But I will try, if my hauppauge remote works at all without ir.exe... I doubt it.

New Engine 5 (version 6.63) Not work with my SkyStar USB HD and WDM driver.
New Engine 5 (version 6.63) Work only with my SkyStar HD2 and BDA driver.
BDA driver on SkyStar USB HD does not show decibels which to me is very important, so I use the WDM driver.
Is there a chance the new versions to work with WDM driver?
Thank You.

Actually I don't have a concrete bug, but really need to argue about your release policy:

With each newly released version I have different and new problems. Why can't you just test your new code before you release it? It is so annoying to update ProgDVB (and there are times, like right now, were I can't ignore new releases if I want to continue using the app) and to recognize new obvious problems -- especially when I can't see any improvements to previous versions.

Like with the new engine: What's the point in that, when I suddenly can't switch channels? Well you seem to fixed that with the latest update. But now I get asynchronous audio after some minutes -- and no, that has nothing to do with my hardware or other software because it worked like 5 versions ago.

Being a programmer myself, I understand the ambitious goal of improving some internal components (say the ProgDVB engine), but as a consumer I don't freakin' care what's happening under the hood. I just want to use my paid application without problems!

As you can imagine from this hate-post, I am slightly disappointed right now and really hope that you consider testing your code more (TDD !!!) before pushing a new release. Furthermore it would be really nice if I wouldn't have to update every other day because there were some minor bug fixes (collect your bugs or include a self-update functions into the app).

kind regards!