Re: bug feedback - post newly found progdvb bugs here

Prog wrote:At first you must check video codec and DXVA mode. Becuase it spend most part of CPU.
Video Renderer: EVR
MPEG-2: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
MPEG (audio): Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder
AC3: AC3Filter

Again, this does not matter at all since I do not change any renderer or decoder when I change timeshift settings. So when using default timeshift setting my CPU load is generally below 10%, ut when I select "Disable" in timeshift settings, then CPU load rises to > 25% which makes me believe that there is a looping thread putting full load on one core. On a single-core CPU this would rise the load to 100%, on a dual-core it would rise to > 50%, on a quad-core it would rise to >25%, on 6-core systems it would rise to > 16% and on 8-core systems it would rise > 12.5%.

As you can see the more cores are available the harder it is to detect that something is going wrong as people tend to believe that 12% load is't a lot. But if it's spent in idle-loops as unproductive CPU load then it's definitely a bug.

Having a look at the Threads graph in Process explorer seems to support my findings. In default settings the main threads are:
1-1.5% ProgDvbEngine.dll
0.5-1% ProgDvbEDngine.dll
0.5% evr.dll
0.5% evr.dll!MFCreateVideoPresenter2
0.3% msvcrt.dll
0.3% dsound.ll

Disabling timeshift:
4-6% ProgDvbEngine.dll!Stream_Close
3-4% ProgDvbEngine.dll!Stream_close
0.5-1% ProgDvbEDngine.dll
0.5% evr.dll
0.5% evr.dll!MFCreateVideoPresenter2
0.3% msvcrt.dll
0.3% dsound.ll

Prog wrote:Also try remove all modules and plugins.
I have no modules or plugins installed (most plugins are not compatible with x64 edition either).
More precisely all modules are inactive and no plugins installed at all.

Not sure either whether you've read the thread analysis from ProcessExplorer. It clearly shows significant increase of CPU load in ProgDvbEngine.dll.

1. Merry Christmas
2. From version 6.63.02 command for switch channel from one satellite to other not working correctly.
For Example: Start any version from 6.63.02 to 6.81 no matter and select any channel from any satellite. When I try select other channel from 28E switching not working.
With version 6.63.02 woks fine. Options and all is the same, but new version not switch to channels to 28E.
So I'm forced to use the old working version 6.63.02.
Please fix this in new versions.

My hardware: SkyStar USB HD with WDM driver on windows 7 x64 and 32-bit version of progdvb.

i came across a bug about subtitle. when viewing channel with bitmap subtitle and with weak antenna signal, sometime the subtitle will vanish in the middle of the play. I am using an older version 6.72.07 for the stability. I am not sure if this is fixed in the newer versions. Anyway just my two cents.

2HD wrote:1. Merry Christmas
2. From version 6.63.02 command for switch channel from one satellite to other not working correctly.
For Example: Start any version from 6.63.02 to 6.81 no matter and select any channel from any satellite. When I try select other channel from 28E switching not working.
With version 6.63.02 woks fine. Options and all is the same, but new version not switch to channels to 28E.
So I'm forced to use the old working version 6.63.02.
Please fix this in new versions.

My hardware: SkyStar USB HD with WDM driver on windows 7 x64 and 32-bit version of progdvb.
In new version 6.82 the problem is not fixed !

I found 2 bugs in latest 5-6 versions:

1 after watching tv in progdvb, and exit app, timeshift buffer is not deleted.
If i watch tv in smart for 5 hours, i have a lot of gb there.
VideoBuffer.tmp is not deleted.

Pls fixed this.

2. When i startup progdvb for the first time, application freeze, but audio and video is working.
Menu is freezing, all is freezing, and i must force shut down progdvb from taskmanager.

i like the optio to cutomize the file name for the recording, but it does not change for a scheduled, daily recording.

i have the following setting:
%year%.%monthnum2%.%day2% - %dayofweek% - %channel% %epg%

if i set up to record the same program every day, the date and day of the week stays always the same. for example: if i add a recording to the scheduler today, repeating every weekday, all files will start with 2012.01.23 - Monday ... even if recorderd tomorrow or later.

Imo the idea behind it was to have the tomorrows and wednesdays date in the file name, also the weekday wehn it was actually recorded, not set up.

Hi,I was testing the same TV h.264 signal using 72.07 and 82 (both were free version)
72.07 gave me a smooth playback, but 82 gave me a jittery playback. I think it was sort of related to error correction treatment, where 72.07 was showing better results. I fall back to 72.07.

ProgDVB v6.83 - skystar 2.8a - win 7
remote control not work now for me with WinLIRC V0.9.0b
what should i do that i can use remote control with new progdvb ??!
Windows: 7 Service pack 1 , 32bit _-_ DVB: Sky Star 2.8a PCI _-_ CPU: 2.6 GHZ Dual core X2 AMD _-_ RAM: installed 4Gig , 2.75 Gig usable _-_ Graphic: ATI Radeon x1200 series total available memory : 1663