Re: bug feedback - post newly found progdvb bugs here

Dear ProgDVB support,

I would like to ask for support with installation of latest ProgDVB professional x64. I'm trying to install it on Windows 7 professional x64. During the installation an errors like the one below occured:

Error: The specified assembly is not installed.
Refreshing of .Net assembleys cache. 10%
Microsoft (R) CLR Native Image Generator - Version 2.0.50727.5483
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Failed to compile C:\Program Files\ProgDVB\ProgGuide.exe because this image is not a valid Win32 application.
Uninstalling assembly C:\Program Files\ProgDVB\ProgGuide.exe because of an error during compilation: Failed to compile C:\Program Files\ProgDVB\ProgGuide.exe because this image is not a valid Win32 application.

This error is repeted many times in the install.log file.

I have installed .NET's.
Could you advice me what should I do to successfully install ProgDVB on my PC.

Answering your question, the system is 64 bits, so it could be called x64, anyway every one knows what it means.

Regarding your advice about installing ProgDVB in C:\ProgDVB. This does not help. An error is still the same.

Are there any other dependencies than .NET installation?
Any other advice, how to fix this issue?

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I have installed 32 bit version in standard localisation and again the same errors occured. I also try to install directly on C:\ProgDVB, but again with no luck. Every time erors are occured. May I ask you for some input how I can investigate an issue. I really would like to find the main reason and resolve it. Maybe I need some additionall VC** components?

Regards
Piotr

I have problems with last 2 versions of ProgDVB Pro x64 (7.08.9 and 7.09.0), used on Windows 7 x64. Every application start I receive error "Error on creating file of buffer! timeshift.dat_99", I click OK button, and then Stop and Pause buttons are disabled, but playback is running.
Only downgrading to 7.08.8 helps, it correctly saves timeshift data to C:\ProgramData\ProgDVB\ts\timeshift.dat. In this version I have some problems with black screen (sometimes only audio running), it could be related to EVR Custom Presenter, I switched to Enhanced video renderer and it seems to work ok.

Prog wrote:Do you have same on old version?
ps: Usually Program files is "read only". I am recommend use other path.
It is ProgramData folder, not Program Files, it should be ok (and was in all previous versions and still is in downgraded version 7.08.8, it is the default setting I think). I've made no changes in settings for months and I update program version regularly.
The problem with black screen in EVR Custom Presenter was introduced in 7.08.8 I think.