thanks - I redownloaded it and installed it without problems.

Now I tried to record from ARD "Das Erste". This channel gives a "File create error". Other channels don't and I can record from them without problems. Any idea why this is so?

File names MUST not contain any of the following symbols:

/ \ : * ? " < > |

Just create a new text file, try to rename it with one of those included, watch Windows getting crazy...
File system limitations.
Thanks go to Mr. Bill Gates, Redmont, USA...

This for, edit that station's name, remove the '". Set to not update, don't use menue function 'Edit' --> 'update captions'.

Well, some programmers might be able and willing, to implement a compatibility filter function into file name generating routine, perhaps....

So far, this is a pretty old ProgDVB bug, indeed.
Forbidden symbols MUST be ignored automatically, normally... :roll:

Please, Prog...
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Re: Problem with full video screen

DaDag wrote:Using dual screen system (ATI X1950) : primary for normal windows system, secondary (or TV) for full video, when I iconify ProgDVB 5.0.8.1 main window the video isnt show on the secondary (normal desktop) sound playing without problem.
With 4.85 iconified, the video continue normaly on the second screen.
Not repaired in 5.08.3 (forgot OS : XP pro)

With Vista : never showing full screen video on the 2nd screen (maybe is one Vista, not ultimate, feature ???, business here : WMP not realy useable)

It is NVidia (maybe ATI too) and general Vista limitation (Fullscreen video on secondary monitor will not work as NVidia claims). The reason is only a Microsoft decision, they are forcing NVidia/ATI to disable/not implement this feature in their drivers. The reason is DRM AFAIK.

Anyway I can only use ProgDVB on secondary monitor when using Microsoft MPG2 decoder which is built in under Vista (Ultimate). On every other codec ProgDVB crashes or freezez on when moved to 2nd monitor (it work on main monitor). It seems to be ProgDVB issue because other DVB software work on secondary monitor under Vista with Cyberlink or NVidia. Until prog doesn't install Vista it won't be fixed :(

Thanks for your answer, you confirm what I thinked : Microsoft reason.
In XP : 2 card, with Vista : only 1 card.

It is more complicated that this, testing Cyberlink DVD player with the business version (not ultimate), I cant get also the full screen on the 2nd screen (full screen in background on the 1st screen)
More WMP doesnt work with the cyberlink codec (recommended for on Microsoft site), M$ continue to trust his new product to kill his old product.
For DVD player, I recommend VLC 0.8.6 working well (1 screen only on Vista) but free.

I have found that ProgDVB/Vista can work on 2nd screen (only one) using the Elecard MPEG-2 codec (not free version or testing 1 month : small mosaic on upper screen right)

All this doesnt help free developers

Re: TAQUILLA F&#218;TBOL on Astra (19.2°E)

Reing@rd wrote:
Juergen wrote:
And compare with other DVB software results, including the original one, that came with your card.
Also perhaps try another codec, as some might not work without audio.

Up to now, we don't even have a hint, what's the real reason for your trouble. Might even be, they transmit some bad PMT data, or too slow for ProgDVB, to read all in at scanning, leading to time out.
Hi,

here the data of a channel (not sending AUDIO PID)on Astra 19.2°E:

Stream Information
Service Name TAQUILLA FÚTBOL
Service Provider DIGITAL+
VPID 00afh (175d)
APID None
PCRPID 00afh (175d)
TPID None
TSID 0422h
ONID 0001h
SID 75d2h
PMT 040ch
Video Format 720x576 (4:3), 25 fps
Used Crypto Systems None

Satellite Astra 19.2E
Frequency 10847 MHz
Symbol Rate 22000 KSymbols/s
Polarisation Vertical
Inversion No
FEC 5/6
SNR 83%
AGC 62%
BER 0
Lock Yes
Sync Yes

05/03/2007 01:33 (CET) InfoCard (FTA)

Regards
Hi,

This BUG isn't fixed until now!

For what is this BUG report when the BUGs will not to be fixed???
Regards

Juergen wrote:Now I see..
...and I really do see it...

Hardware mode here, of course.
Means, ProgDVB scanned it, accepts and lists it as a TV channel.

But recording brings 0 bytes exactly.
No idea 'bout any still picture rules on DVB specs, sorry.

Recorded lots of test charts over the years, FUBK, color bars and alike, but even if generated strictly and directly digital, all of those produced at least some data rate and growing file size. Truely and directly digital in this case means, an hour of such a recording would be dozends of megabytes perhaps, but f.e. WinACE would shrink it into less than 500kB, as all GOPs would be absolutely identical and repeating.

No idea at all, what's different in this case.
One more addition to that answer of mine:

Recordings of that still picture stream DO work here, IF done as PVA. File size is around 1 MB in 15 seconds.v And they also do play (in 4.45, later versions fail to play half of all my recordings).
MPG still gives exactly zero bytes, regardless of the 'receive mpeg2...' option.
Nexus 2.2 in HW mode, driver 2.19, Win98SE.

So I have to confirm your findings, at least partly.
Video only recordings do have issues.

No idea, if Prog can do anything on this.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86

Auf Deutsch:

cin wrote:It is NVidia (maybe ATI too) and general Vista limitation (Fullscreen video on secondary monitor will not work as NVidia claims). The reason is only a Microsoft decision, they are forcing NVidia/ATI to disable/not implement this feature in their drivers. The reason is DRM AFAIK.

Anyway I can only use ProgDVB on secondary monitor when using Microsoft MPG2 decoder which is built in under Vista (Ultimate). On every other codec ProgDVB crashes or freezez on when moved to 2nd monitor (it work on main monitor). It seems to be ProgDVB issue because other DVB software work on secondary monitor under Vista with Cyberlink or NVidia. Until prog doesn't install Vista it won't be fixed :(
With ATI, using elecard codec, moving progdvb (5) windows to 2nd monitor, then full screen work using the the full vista (not using the business version)
Other applications (WMP, VLC or other video player) have the same problem : I still use XP for the moment while the Vista's multimedia features still limited.

DaDag wrote: With ATI, using elecard codec, moving progdvb (5) windows to 2nd monitor, then full screen work using the the full vista (not using the business version)
Other applications (WMP, VLC or other video player) have the same problem : I still use XP for the moment while the Vista's multimedia features still limited.
With Vista ATI drivers, AVIVO and ATI CCC release 7.5 (and maybe before), the full video on the 2nd screen is working, it is just needed to enable overdrive LCD in the panel 3 properties (not enabled by default as XP)
But the full video geometry size still 4/3 (doesnt switch to 16/9 when signaled as XP)

TReneR wrote:ProgDVB ver 4.84.2
After starting program sound goes always to the default audio renderer, even if other sound destination is selected in Audio & Video tab. This happens on every ProgDVB start.
Same problem in ver 4.85.1. In versions prior to 4.84.2 everithing was ok.

sheduler is not working in progdvb 5.xx

bug 5.09EE

Progdvb 5.09EE crashed on astra 19.2

Csat mosaique 12324000

Mosa 2 12324000

Mosa 3 12324000

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at Engine_SetChannel(TChannelInfoStruct* , TDiseqTreeItem* )

at ProgDvbEngine.Engine.SetChannel(CChannel channel, CDiseqTreeItem diseqItem)

at ProgDvbNet.MainForm.ChangeChannelByID(CChannelID id)

at ProgDvbNet.ChList.ChTreeView.ChangeChannelClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at ProgDvbNet.ChList.ChTreeView.ChangeChannelSingleClick(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

at IPDev.Skins.MSTreeView.OnMouseClickEx(MouseEventArgs e)

at IPDev.Skins.MSTreeView.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)

at IPDev.Skins.StyleTreeView.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

No more EPG with 5.09.1and 4.85.2

Just tested the 2 last version, I cant no more get short EPG (actual + next), the actual program isnt showed in OSD or lower part of the windows for french and spannish providers.
But long EPG seem work for swiss and german channels.

Now and next are working here on 4.85.2 w9x.

But there's another ugly new bug:

ProgDVB 4.85.2 w8x update does not find any station at all, neither from 'channel search', nor from 'search transponder'.
It gives normal L & Q, switches position, polarisation and band properly, seems to lock and try to read, but detects abolutely no station.
Scan engine obviously broken :roll:

Back to 4.84.1 w9x now (and 4.75 for reliable playback) :(
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

Juergen wrote:Now and next are working here on 4.85.2 w9x.

ProgDVB 4.85.2 w8x update does not find any station at all, neither from 'channel search', nor from 'search transponder'.
It gives normal L & Q, switches position, polarisation and band properly, seems to lock and try to read, but detects abolutely no station.
Scan engine obviously broken :roll:

Back to 4.84.1 w9x now (and 4.75 for reliable playback) :(
I had the same problem scanning with 4.85.2; no stations. But I found that replacing the ProgDVBengine.DLL from 4.85.2 with the same from 4.85.1 only to do the scan, did the job. After the scan is complete, I went back to the 4.85.2 version of Engine.DLL and everything is working fine.
By the way the same situation occurs with version 5.0901; replace the engine with 5.0900 to do the scan only.

There seems to be a problem with Engine.DLL 4.85.2 and 50901 on the scan.
First time it ever happened to me.

Z :o