Re: bug feedback - post newly found progdvb bugs here

Prog wrote:What device you use? What function you use before blue screen and what driver crash?
About EPG: try remove epg.dat file.
Removing the EPG.dat file worked, thanks for that. I just got a "Lost D3D Device" error though, never seen that before and that could be the cause of my problem. I am using an internal tv card made by VisionPlus which is now owned by AzureWave. I'm using the DVB-TV 878 Digital Capture Driver version 1.2.3.8. No blue screens have occurred with the new version yet. It was happening on the odd occasion when I opened up the settings of progDVB and a TV station was playing, not always though.

One more problem has just started happening. A TV channel that should be displayed at 16:9 ratio is being displayed as 3:4. When I right click the channel and check the proerties, I can unselect "Can Update" then press apply, the tv station goes black for a second then comes back correctly as 16:9 ratio. Now if I change the channel then come back it is at 4:3 again. This is a brand new error that never happened in the previous versions. Only one tv station is doing this out of the 17 available.

ProgDVB 6.63.9 and 6.63.10pro.
Card: Hauppauge WinTV HD S2 -bda card.
Win7 Pro
Diseqs 4 way
CI disabled.

ProgDVB ok ver. 6.63.8
When upgrading to .9 and 10 no signal ( no L and Q )
Channel switching and epg ok.

Wanted to "roll back" only option then is 6.61.1 pro in download section?

Bjorn
Check settings->Device options. Is it same with old version?

I already uninstalled ver 09 and 10 so not quite sure regarding "Device Options"
settings however:
Defautl settings are "Additional API" :
Hauppauge
Changing this setting to:
Microsoft compliant BDA driver

SOLVED my tuning problem - Thanks!

But as far as I remember I did not change this setting in last working version, 08,
only removing the mark for "Use IItunerRequest".

Bjorn

Prog wrote:You can try remove files in channels\*.* and scan again also :)

ps: "D3D Device" not depended from DVB driver. But depended from video driver and video driver of ProgDVB.
Thanks for the reply, I did what you said and removed everything in the channels folder including the "Youtube Logos" folder. I rescanned the channels and then took a look at the EPG but there is still the same problem happening as you can see from the screenshot. See how I moused over a program called "Jag" and it highlights the second Jag which seems to be layered underneath for some reason. See how it is happening for todays listings and only some of tomorrow
duplicates-5_resize.png
duplicates-6_resize.png

In regards to the blue screen error I think it was happening because I was using outdated NVidia drivers for my graphics card so I updated that. Not sure if it worked or not but I haven't had any problems so far which is great :)

Anyway the only thing I am having problems with now is the duplicate listings in EPG and still not sure how robust the recording of your program is when it comes to losing a signal due to interference. With the software that came with my TV Card there is a feature in settings that is called "Force decoding of noisy frames", when that is ticked there is nothing that ever stops the recording, if there is a glitch then the glitch is simply recorded and the frame looks garbled. That's fine though, I'd rather that than lose a whole recording if you know what I mean.

Thanks for all your help Prog.
Attachments
duplicates-4_resize.png

@Prog, how about the support of Hauppauge Nexus? (I didn't test the last version, but as I said before, with previous version I can't get any image (0% of level and quality), no possibility to scan, and when I want to change channels I got an error message telling me I should close the program :(

No its not part of the EPG because NONE of my other programs behave like that. The EPG on DigiTV software for example does not show duplicates like yours does. Obviously there is a problem because when you told me to delete the contents of the channel folder, the EPG looked fine. There is a bug ok. and also FIX THE PROBLEM WITH THE RECORDINGS STOPPING FOR NO GODDAMN REASON!!! Either that or I am going to uninstall this program until you do. It's a freeking joke, like I want to LOSE RECORDINGS due to your program either losing signal, or just not even bothering to record at all, because it doesn't feel like it apparently, nothing to do with a bad signal.

YOUR PROGRAM IS UNRELIABLE AT THIS STAGE SO PLEASE FIX THE RECORDING SIDE OF THINGS
Last edited by FUAll on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@ Prog
You can't test the Nexus / SkyStar1 on 7 x64 anyway, as there's no 64bit driver available.
So it's limited to 32bit OS.

Also I can not test anything on 32 bit Windows 7, as I don't have it here yet.
I am planning to build up two modern computers occasionally, but still there are even more components missing, due to very limited financial resources ATM.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Just adding to my prev post: changing audio streams from keyboard with "A" works fine. just from the GUI it does not.

caps lock guy: are you using progdvb's scheduler as a separate service? if so, check if not any fancy antivirus or other "enhancement" is killing it. i use the scheduler and recording on a daily basis and have no issues with it. in fact haven't got any problems with recording in the past 4 or 5 years, so your statement the software is nor reliable is just rubbish.