Re: Feature Requests

Mir wrote:Most TV signals in DVB are interlaced.

Is it possible to add deinterlace filter similar to one which is present in MPC? The best method is "blend".
Better to leave deinterlacing for a codec. just choose a good codec. like Cyberlink. :)
[size=50] Железо: Acer KG271C, IP Q G2020@2.9, HD7770, 8 RAM, AMD audio, Yamaha RX-V465, LG 42LA790V, Prof 7300,7301, Tevii s470, TBS 6922se. Софт: W7x64, ProgDVBx32. Настройки: prog demux, audio-AC3Filter, WASAPI, video-Custom EVR, ArcSoft 2,28,497 [/size]

According this:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7324

Its not possible to use any cyberlink codec on that netbook platform... My concern is to have device able to decode and display HD content with less than 50 watts. With netbook upgraded with CrystalHD and good low power LCD monitor (mine has 30watts power consumtion) its possible.

MPC for example allows this, and ProgDVB is single application which operates with so much interlaced content...
Avermedia Trinity A707 DVB-T/DVB-S with SatGate

1. Some people complained to me about ProgDVB that Audio and Video runs out of sync. I can confirm this with certain system settings.

I have this problem with my ATOM based netbook with Broadcom CrystalHD card when playing HD stream.
For suppression i tried LAV filter codec and set ProgDVB to normal priority. It worked for AC3 sound since LAV audio codec has its own AV sync mechanism, but it did not work on normal Mpeg audio.

So i have one partial solution based on 3rd party codec. Can be similar feature introduced in Progdvb?

2. I tried ProgTV with my touchscreen netbook.
a) Its not friendly for low resolution displays such as 1024x600
b) If the doubleclick will call the basic menu, or the channel list it will be great for watching tv in tablet mode.
Avermedia Trinity A707 DVB-T/DVB-S with SatGate

I think progtv need a monitor selector.With progdvb is not a problem,because you can change the window to the second monitor.

But progtv is execute natively in full screen.So the program is execute in the windows default principal monitor.And the only matter to change it,is change who is the principal monitor in windows.
winxp,pctv 310i analog,fm,DVB-T,skystar HD2 + CI dvb-s2

Additional to the toggle of Timeshift in the preferences please add a button to toggle on the main screen.

The idea is to have the possibility to "stop" the TV even if Timeshift is not activated in the preferences. It costs a lot of performance if Timeshift is activated but not used. On the other hand switch on/off of Timeshift in the dialog for the preferences takes to much time for fast recording.

What do you think about this idea?

Ok, maybe only a lot of disk/memory usage.

But:
I think most users use ProgDVB without activated timeshift; if you then spontaneously need a break (telefon ringing, toilet, ...) it is not comfortable to go to the preferences menu, activating timeshift, having "black screen" for some seconds after closing the dialog.

Is it technical difficult to make the "Save" button automatically starting timeshift?

RalfJ wrote: I think most users use ProgDVB without activated timeshift
You are wrong :)
[size=50] Железо: Acer KG271C, IP Q G2020@2.9, HD7770, 8 RAM, AMD audio, Yamaha RX-V465, LG 42LA790V, Prof 7300,7301, Tevii s470, TBS 6922se. Софт: W7x64, ProgDVBx32. Настройки: prog demux, audio-AC3Filter, WASAPI, video-Custom EVR, ArcSoft 2,28,497 [/size]