Hi,

I installed ProgDVB some days ago, and I must say: this is a really great program. Many thanks for this.

Now I would also like to request two features which I would find very useful:

1. A time scale on the slider below the TV-Window would be helpful. So for example, when you want to see the last two minutes of a movie again, you know exactly where to click on the slider.

2. Now I see, that "thehoff" already requested this feature. But anyway, I would be happy as well, if there would be the possibility to control ProgDVB with a web browser from another computer (maybe something like the web interface in VLC).

Greetings
FredF

1. The timeshift slider in fact looks like some studio level control.
So, from the user's point of view, the idea is not really bad, to add a scale to it.
But the operating area of that slider is not defined, as it depends on (actual or maximal) timeshift buffer size. So such a scale would either have to be recalculated over and over, or it would be limited to % of the actual range, which would not really suit the purpose better than without it.
So there's no easy way, to implement defined skip / jump values from there.
Perhaps such a feature, like jump back one minute, should better be part of the existing playback controls.
Some other DVB applications in fact provides similar controls.

2. Possibly a nice idea, as such an html interface could provide a more compact or even partly different GUI, also from remote machines with a different OS.
And it may be useful, to keep the PC video completely out of such an interface, to not have to disable the PC screen picture to save bandwidth.
Basically, ProgDVB has a command line interface, that may perhaps even be used right now, for things like this. Though, it may be useful, to get a bigger choice of controls, like for TXT, scheduler handling, whatever more.

However, it may already be possible, to create an external application (or even just set of scripts), that receives html input from a distant source and then translates to local command line, to control ProgDVB.
On the remote machine, a local browser page could provide a GUI with some kind of links to that html interface on the ProgDVB machine.

This would mean, instead of VNC style use of a remote desktop, just some basic commands would have to be transmitted (and led through firewalls).
If possible, also some confirmation data may be returned, but this is more complicated to implement, as network traffic should be kept as low as possible, to also allow use of low speed or on demand connections. So better no permanent polling or alike...

Suppose, almost any good programmer could do this, as no sources or SDK would be needed.

Just ideas, as I am not a programmer.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Juergen got my point and explained it very well, but to answer your questions Prog, here my comments:

1. Here is an example, of what I mean:
I have added a timscale, which might be calculated on progam start depending on the total buffer size set in the options.
And (considering what Juergen wrote) a green bar to show how much data is in the buffer.
And a red marker for the actual position of playback.

2. The reason is, I don't have a remote control and I am using one computer as a TV while doing other things on a second computer. It would be nice to control the basic functions (i. e. switch chanel, pause, skip back or forward...) from the second one.

Edit: marker for playback

Suggestion (A new way to management channels)

Add "Move to" as a new option when do right click on channel(s) , then appear a new box contain channels lists ( Hotbird , Astra , Nilesat , Favorite .... ) then appear a new box after choose one of channels lists contain channels trees , and lastly choose one of channels trees so channel(s) copy/paste to the new place .

Thanx
CPU : P4 Intel 3.00 GHz "HT"
Memory : 2 GB
DVB-S : Sky Star 2 (2.6D) ( 4.4.0 )
Hotbird 13.0°E | Badr-3/4 26.0°E | Nilesat 101/102 7.0°W

Why would you want to move a station from one dynamic list to another?
This would mean being listed as lost on the next scan there and detected as new on the old place.
That's why you can build fav lists, to be handled by usual c&p procedures.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86

Auf Deutsch:

I wouldn't , I want to move station from dynamic list to favorite one .

and why ?

because 5 generation hard to handle :

1. after copy/paste actions , the copied channels still mark , so i must to remark them again in case I want to copy another channels else the fist copied channels will repeated again.

2. No way to copy channel just with right click then copy option (you explain to me why in previous place :) ) , so I must do one of these :
- make a box around channels that i want to copy , and in this option no way to mark separate channels ( they must be straight ) .
- set channel first then copy it ( what about need to copy 10 channels in once )
- use Ctrl+C ( this is a good option but the first problem is exist )

3. Sometimes Progdvb crash after paste channels ( no specific situation ) and after reboot it the same bug , so I must reinstall ProgDvb if I want to copy/paste agian

In the whole I don't say it's an emergency issue , but it's good to be nice and easy if possible .

Thanx Juergen & Prog
CPU : P4 Intel 3.00 GHz "HT"
Memory : 2 GB
DVB-S : Sky Star 2 (2.6D) ( 4.4.0 )
Hotbird 13.0°E | Badr-3/4 26.0°E | Nilesat 101/102 7.0°W

i uses 4x std (4.9.10) Twinhan 1025 bda driver
i only wants 2 things :
first:
new feature (network scan)to get all new TP and save it to .ini file this will be good option.

second:
an update for channel caption
after scan provider and name change to new but caption still the old also repeated channels not all deleted some of them still exist.

see this please
before channel scan
http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... canmn6.jpg

after channel scan the caption still the old
http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... canbg1.jpg

after channel scan still repeated channels
http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... tedrb7.jpg

it work thanks man but is this mean i must do this manualy to every channel is not thier option to do it automatic after search .
what about other things
thanks 4 ur help

BTW, keeping manually edited station names by default is a must, as on some satellites several stations have names, that can't be used within recordings' file names, due to illegal symbols, like \ / : * ? < > |

Each of those would give a bad file name, preventing recording to work. And specially when using a scheduler, this is bad, as you won't be in front of the screen, to react.

One bad example is ARD - "Das Erste" on hotbird.
So renaming that station manually is mandatory, to enable recording from this. And it's necessary to keep that edited name even after a rescan.

To take care of that issue, ProgDVB would need a corrective algorithm, to filter illegal symbols from file names before creating.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

Like the OSD, the right-click menu, the main program interface,
in this "advanced user mode", above places can display more information.

1. Like in OSD, display out the signal level/quality percentage number besides the 2 bars.
2. In OSD, display the TP/channel information (frequency, pol, symbol rate, picture resolution, audio format, video bitrate, audio bitrate, etc.)

3. In right-click menu, add currently used filters information. User can see and change properties for that filter easily.

4. Add free aspect ratio option in right-click menu.

5. In the main program interface, add TP/channel information somewhere just like in 2.

I know the philosophy for ProgDVB is to keep simple just like as simple as a TV, but for advanced users, the ProgDVB seems too simple/pristine compared to other DVB programs (In OSD, main program interface, right-click menu aspects). So if realize the "Advanced user mode", then you can add as many options as possible.
Windows 7, 64-bit.
Twinhan AD-SP400(1041) DVB-S2.
KNC1 DVB-S2.
Technotrend S2300 Premium DVB-S.
Technotrend C1500 DVB-C.
Technotrend DVB-T TV-stick.
ATI 4550.
Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe.
Creative S750 speaker system.
Latest ver.6 of ProgDVB Pro.