ProgDVB 5.14.07

Hi, I have upgraded from an older version of ProgDVB (4.56.2) and I have a series of problems with the new version 5.14.07.

1. The option "Normal/TV/Fullscreen" doesn't switch to full screen as expected (use to work fine in 4.56).
2. There is no OSD when using the Hard mode with SkyStar1. The OSD is available only for the soft mode.
3. The remote doesn't work at all while in soft mode (the Winlirc doesn't receive any signal :( )

There are some good thins in this new version, like the EPG but with these problems I am forced to keep the old version. :(

Does anyone know a workarround for these problems?

Thanks,
Seba

Thanks, for the fast replay :)

1. When I use that option the succesion was like this: normal window>video window only>full screen>normal window.... now it only swithces between normal window and video window (doesn't go to full screen any more).
2. That is bad, (or me at least, because I used to watch on the RGB output because of the better preview quality. :(
3. Only winlirc with an universal remote.

I have installed the 4.90.7 and there point 1 is working but the mouse pointer doesn't hide in full screen mode for the same option. :( I have OSD but no skin and no advanced EPG. :(

And one more bug in version 5.xx: for the following scenario there is a crash reproducible every time:
a) press on the "play" button from the navigation toolbar.
b) press "cancel" in the next window.
c) press again "play"
d) press again "cancel"
=> crash
Note: For the same scenario but when using the "Open" button from the main toolbar there is no crash. ;)

1. I have checked again and I have the correct settings in controls for the Normal\TV|FullScreen. I also tried to use a keyboard key and the behavior is the same. Please compare the behavior of 4.xx version with the behavior of 5.xx and you will see the difference. :)

3. I am afraid that the serial port (the remote sensor is connected there) doesn't work at all while using the Soft mode, because the remote cannot be used not even with other applications. It is really strange and I fail to see why it doesn't work.
Last edited by seba on Sun May 25, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have found a workarround for the problem no 3. If I use the Video Render thru the video card the remote works. Strange, but it works.

However I have a new problem: I am tring to "learn" the Exit button from the remote but the application imediatelly applies the exit commad and closes without saving the setting. :(

PS: I hope that what I have written will help make the application more stabile.

This also depends on the codec used.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

There is no simple answer to this.
Some codecs may get basic hardware support from some VGA cards.
So perhaps find out, what software package comes with your VGA card or a retail version of it. Codecs may be borrowed from that in many cases.
Also take a good look at your DVD player software.
.ax files is what you are looking for.

Even Technotrend provides a free software bundle for the SS1, that comes with a working set of codecs, AFAIK that's ffdshow. This is included with PCI-e special bundles, that use software decoding for the PC screen even in HW mode. Started with version 2.19c. No need to install, just unpack with IZArch or similar.
May as well already exist on your Technotrend CD.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

I remember that with the older version I used to have OSD using the intervideo codec. I will try to see if it works with the new version.