Problems with ProgDVB 5.14.8

Hello everybody!

I was (and now am again) using ProgDVB 4.72.2, where everything workes fine for me. Now and then I tried out newer versions and due to (minor) problems (Buttons in TT-module not shown correctly, one not at all (S+-button)) went back to this version again and again.
Yesterday I tried a ProgDVB 5-version (5.14.8 ) the first time and I'm really really disappointed:
The old ProgDVB video renderer isn't available any mor, the 'normal' Video renderer doesn't show anything, the VMR7 video renderer doesn't use the border setting and the VMR9 video renderer shows a black image after a few channel changes. Well, channels. I used my old channel files and ProgDVB thinks of all of them, that they are DVB-S2/h.264 channels and I have to use the Pro-version to view them. Updating every single channel solves the problem, but now the channel numbers aren't displayed in the channel tree any more, but JUST for the updated channels. Then the EPG is just blank and in the settings you can just add some internet-sites? Do I have to be always online to get an EPG now? (Well, I found a topic on a similar problem talking about some turkish code pages I have to install.)
Another point is, that I can't switch to say channel 2 by just typing '2' 'Enter'. Just a list of possibilities shows up.
I also noticed, that ProgDVB uses less CPU time :-), but is also less responsive :-(.
Does anybody know, what I can do to get the new ProgDVB as useable as my old version?

My configuration: Athlon XP 2000+, ATI Radeon 9600XT, Technotrend DVB-S Budget PCI, WinXP SP2, DX9c, ffdshow rev1980 (2008-06-02)

- renderer

try to build a custom graph

- channels

the channel list format has been changed since, due to need of extra data, like the DVB-S2 tag. This for, older lists aren't compatible, a rescan is a must.

- turkish code page

only relevant for Win9x, as 2k/XP/Vista already include this by default.
ProgDVB internal EPG does not require internet.
EPG stream identification also is a matter of the channel list / channel properties. Again, don't use that old channels folder on a new version.

- does anybody know...

No.
Each version is supposed to have it's own pros and cons.
Perhaps one bug fixed, but then a new one may occur.
One more feature added, then it's supposed to cause some extra trouble in the beginning.
Even possible, occasionally some feature is being dropped, like HW playback or HW OSD for the SS1, some time ago.

So basically ProgDVB is work in progress.
Quite similar to your OS, hardware drivers or alike..

...never change a well working system...
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

I also reverted to the old version, due to the fact that in the hardware mode for SS1 there is no OSD any more. Neither when using the software mode I can’t see the OSD without an increase in CPU usage. In the 4.72 version the CPU usage in software mode with OSD and using ProgDVB videorender was about 25%. Now on the 5.x version goes over 70% because that render is not available any more.

The 5.x has a lot of nice improvements but still lacks the stability of the older versions. I really hope that some day will be as good as the old 4.x ones.

There is any posibility to download an older version from this site? I do not find the link any more. :( I would like to try an 4.8x.x version. It seems that I do not have any version of this series.

In fact it would be a very good idea, to make some old versions available again.
No idea, if the old download links would still work, but they vanished with the merging of the download pages.

Please, Prog
People should not have to look for your software at strange other places.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>