skystar USB HD/BDA-driver= no diseq support!

I like progdvb. It's the best sat-software i know!
Thanks @prog for this great work.

Will prog support diseq for bda-devices soon?
People should know, that this doesn^t work. In specification-page there
you can read, that usb-devices (like skystar USB HD)are supported, but diseq is quite basic and i really lost some hours in trying to configure prog....without success...

Is there a way, to get diseq it to work? with this stupid technisat-software it works. Technisat should support prog-programmers! Until prog works, i will not be able to use my new skystar-hdtv-box....it's too bad.

I have a second question: is there way, to watch hdtv with a P4 3Ghz (no dualcore)isn't there a way,to downgrade quality and seeing it without interrupted pictures? i can't afford another PC, just for watching hdtv!

greetz

ztoned

1) only Prog may know,sorry.

2) MPEG2 based HD should be OK
h.264 based, depends on:

Codec and it's settings, no post processing of any kind there in

HW acceleration from VGA, accessed from codec

HW acceleration from sound card for the audio mode used, no AC97 'solution' but real hardware

possibly hyper threading working and being used

optimal mainboard and RAM timings, exclusive physical IRQs for VGA and the USB controller (both the enhanced and the universal used, only USB device on this)

No swapping, enough RAM, all of the fastest possible type and same chips
Dual channel,if possible
No turbo / shared memory for VGA

no other possible time consuming issues at all, that might interfere with streaming or processing, like indexing or any other background activities, no networking issues of any kind

Means, an absolutely perfect machine and OS.

Even then, results may also depend on station and their compression quality and maybe the resolution and audio mode transmitted.

Quite similar to e.g. DVD playback, which may be perfect on some 350 MHz P II, but not working well on another 1 GHz P III system.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

This is about the proprietary way DiSEqC is getting added to the BDA controls, no more.
Originally BDA does not know about DiSEqC, thanks go to MS, Redmont, USA...
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86

Auf Deutsch:

I purchased this new DVB Device called Technisat Skystar USB 2 HD CI.

whenever i decide using ProgDVB (Any Version) to watching Satellite TV by this new USB 2 DVB Card from Technisat , unfortunately it was not successfull using DiseqC to switch between 4 different Satellite.

I noticed the driver is BDA and Jurgen wrote in this topic there is not any solution.
but some days has left from this topic started and i search the forum for any solution and found this topic.

but dear Prog - Jurgen there is not any solution really?

if so why Technisat DVB Player can recognize switch by this DVB Card while other Players like ProgDVB does not?

I want use ProgDVB 4.56 to watch DVB-s and DVB-S2 TV on 4 different Satellites.

Please solve this issue by new DVB Cards using BDA Drivers.

Once more, please allow me to tell, Microsoft BDA driver platform does NOT support DiSEqC at all. Nor switching to DVB-S2 or similar.

This for, hardware and software makers fave to find away for each hardware, to bypass that limitation(s) and (let) talk to the hardware directly.
An original manufacturer normally will find a way and use it in his original software, like Technisat do in this case.

But such a trick must become known in public, to be available for 3rd party software.

ProgDVB already knows some of that tricks, for a variety of BDA tuners. But others are still missing. It's easier to to do this, if a manufacturer publishes an SDK. But many don't, or sometimes only for quite some money, or only along with a cruel NDA, maybe worse than those of MS ...

Such hardware specific tricks can be selected in device options, once implemented to ProgDVB.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

than tell me why can other 3rd party dvb softwares can command diseqc with BDA drivers ? and progdvb cant

if there is any way to copy the diseqc command from other softwares to prog dvb, tell us how to do and we'll fix our problem by ourselfs.

dear Juergen told us : "Microsoft BDA driver platform does NOT support DiSEqC at all"
and "original manufacturer will find a way and use it in his original software".

of course "such a trick must become known in public, to be available for 3rd party software. "

I hope some day those codes will be ready freely to all developers around the world to improve their windows applications.
I think Micro$oft itself should distribute it freely for Developers that work on windows.

if original manufacture find a solution so i think dear Prog could buy some codes from that manufacture to develop the progDVB too.
dear Prog please please find a solution that ProgDVB will support DiseqC and switch between 4 satellites on new DVB that almost all have BDA driver.

how many times or years should we wait to use progDVB come back on our windows to use those new DVB cards.

nowadays i know a lot of people move from using progDVB to that another DVB Player just for this issue. (supporting DiseqC on BDA drivers)

dear Prog thank you for your respond but there is still a problem.
I love ProgDVB still but these problem does not make us satisfy using ProgDVB.

I tried them all you mentioned and restarting ProgDVB again and again and tried changing channels but DiseqC did not work at all on Technisat Skystar USB 2 HD CI.

I am using now ProgDVB 4.90.7 and 4.92.4 also latest 6.03 on XPSP2 on my Laptop but as you can see on the picture below that i attached here , there is not any option called Technisat.

I think you do not like to support Technisat new BDA Products so we can not see name of Technisat there but others like technotrend are being there.
none of them works for me owner of Technisat Skystar USB 2 HD CI and others whom purchase Technisat new products.

another question is : we can see name of other manufactures there is it true they publish their DiseqC API to you but Technisat does not still you mean?

to watch the image in real size please click on the picture :

Sure, they trade it.
But this does not at all mean, they would also make it.
Nor even necessarily defined the hardware concept...

There are not really many different hardware manufacturers around, as building a chip fab costs a pretty penny.

The only way to find out about the base design would be to identify the chipset inside, check hardware IDs of all electronically visible components,
Normally this would be a job for Linux hardliners...
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch: