Data Channels

Can anibody explain me what is a data channels, and recently I Rescan my channel, and the old channel that i were using has benn replace for a channel that seem to me that is a data channel and I cant see it . How do i fix this problem. Thanks

Gabriel

BTW:
TV channels have a video stream ID and (normally but not necessarily) at least one audio stream.
Radio channels don't have a video ID, but at least one audio.
Data channels don't have any of those.

That's the way, DVB software (and receivers as well) do specify services.
There's no service type flag in the transmission.

This also means, if something goes wrong at scan time, giving false stream coordination, a station might be misinterpreted, like TV as Radio, or Radio as Data or similar.

Sometimes scan time has to be prolonged, as some nasty providers are trying to save data rate from important system streams.
Also possible, some hardware needs more time than usual, to tune in after a transponder change.
That's why Prog needs full details, to possibly fix relevant timings or add more options.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

i'm using Hauppauge Nexus and watching Echostar 5, the thing is this:

Few days ago I was watching the channel 500 (ONPPV), but later I Reescan the satellite for see if I was losing any transponder, and the results was this, 8 news channels But many channels that were previously were replaced by data channels so now I can not see, how can I fix it?

thanks

gabriel

Try to let update channels manually, from channel properties.
If this helps, set channel to not update.

AFAIK, new versions of ProgDVB come with an option for prolonging scanner timing.
Older ones need this being added to ProgDVB.ini at the end:

Code: Select all

[Scaner]
AfterChangeTransponderDelay=3000

(value may vary)
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>