Technotrend BDA/DVB-C Tuner Connect TIF error - 64bit

Hello,

I've been using progdvb (for a while) about time i paid for it, as it is "awesome" software

I've used it witt both DVB-C and DVB-S cards with no major problems for 5+years

Anyway.. back to my problem..

I am using just 1x Technotrend 1501c DVB-C .. it was working fine with XP.

I have now installed Vista 64Bit Enterprise (basically vista business 64bit) on my media PC.

I have installed no other software only device drivers, all Vista updates have been completed. I installed the latest BDA drivers from technotrends website.

I performed a fresh install of progdvb (64bit).

Problem: When i open progdvb (64bit version) I get the following error message --

[{BDA} TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-C Tuner] Connect TIF error!
[{BDA} TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-C Tuner] Device not started!

I know from experience the "device not started!" error used to be fixed by installing the software that came with the drivers. This (i thought) was only required when we used to use the "network drivers" as drivers.. but the error went away when we started using the BDA drivers?

excuse me if i sound dumb

Hope someone can help

also i'm hoping to run prog media server on the machine (is the 4.x home version the only one working atm? as the new ones never seem to work for me)
and is it possible yet to stream over the net with realtime transcoding with prog media server, all built in the one software? I can see the updates for it, but I can't see a full feature list of it anywhere (the pay version)

succesfully registered but same error message.

PC is still in NEWly installed Vista 64bit state, with only drivers and updates installed.

any other ideas prog?

I

regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\qcap.dll

succesfully registered, but still same error message

this maybe due to being business version of vista?

thanks for taking the time to help, hopefully when we find the solution it will help other users that may experience the same issue