Trying to understand channel lists

Hi Prog, some questions and suggestions:
I´m long trying to understand the channel lists, because they are simple if you don't change anything, but it gets strange if you try.
0 - My basic question was: how to delete and then, after, recover a deleted channel by a new scan? For me it's not working, I couln't find the way to do it.
1 - I observed the way channel list works, it seems that there is a hidden (or main) channel list that is copied to a specific channel list, and that hidden channel list can't be changed or updated, so I really can´t delete ou update channels. Is this right?
2 - It's strange for me that any satellite channels group can be copied (or activated) to any other channel list, and then deleting a single channel in a specific list doesn't delete the channel in the other lists: couldn't it be much simpler if it there is a general list (all satellites) and be allowed only one satellite in one specific list, unless it is a favorite? Then deleting a channel in the general list causes deleting it where it is copied?

I have some more questions about the channel lists, but thats enough for now. Thanks any reply and suggestions!

You may want to use Windows Explorer, to look into the Channels subfolder.
There is one big database inside.
The channel list(s) you can see, more or are link collections to that.
Then, there are two different kinds of channel lists, dynamic and favorites. Dynamic lists should behave as mirrors of the central database, showing the positions selected for those.
Favs always are made for holding copies of stations, to allow manual sorting, even mixed from different positions.
Deleting a station from a dynamic list should remove it completely (until it gets scanned in again).
Deleting from a favs list removes that copy from there, but does not effect the dynamic one it came from, nor the database itself.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

elo there I have 1G RAM DDR2 667 on my comp. and i plan to buy a 2G RAM so it will be 1G2G. and then my friend told me about Dual-channel memory he said that if I want to buy a RAM i should buy a 1G RAM instead of 2G RAM so that it will become 4G because of the Dual-channel memory is that true???

Simply. no.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86

Auf Deutsch:

Re: Trying to understand channel lists

owner_bsp wrote:elo there I have 1G RAM DDR2 667 on my comp. and i plan to buy a 2G RAM so it will be 1G2G. and then my friend told me about Dual-channel memory he said that if I want to buy a RAM i should buy a 1G RAM instead of 2G RAM so that it will become 4G because of the Dual-channel memory is that true???
Look at his posts ...looks like a bot ...

Not exactly.
More like someone slightly disorientated, on the subject of this board.
I will be watching and taking immediate action if necessary...

To "owner_bsp":
Please stay on the subject ProgDVB, strictly, or your account may be deleted.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

OK... so the way I understand it is that, sound card permitting, I should install OSS4.
Im not shore what type of sound card I have, its a 6 month old Toshiba satellite. Should I just install it and then uninstall it if it doesnt work?
All my other sound seems to be working fine.
Im not computer savy and from the threads I didnt quite understand if OSS4 was easy to use.

For sure your computer came equipped with hardware drivers, for all it's components.

We are NOT discussing general computing issues here. This board is for ProgDVB issues only.

Thread CLOSED, account deactivated.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch: