Windows vista install problem.

For some reason, the windows vista install does not recognize my other HD. It works just fine because I am on windows vista right now, but i just want to install the 64 bit version on my new computer.

My bios recognizes both HD's, and even when I set the other one as my primary, the installation still does not recognize.

However, when I unplug the one that install DOES recognize, it simply tells me that I had no hard drives.

what is the problem?
[url=http://www.zoombits.co.uk/memory-cards/micro-sd/memory-2-go-1gb-micro-sd-memory-card/11676]buy 1gb micro sd card[/url]

This is far off topic, for a place dedicated to ProgDVB, and nothing else.

Anyway, you should check the other disk with the system control of the Windows version working, drive manager. May be, it does not have any partition on it, or even no partition table. Or the partition table / partitioning was not made on the controller it's attached to now. Better do it again from there.

If you are using any tool, for setting a primary partition to active and the other inactive (or hidden), let it be. Normally all Windows versions rely on exactly one Master Boot Record on always the same disk.
Another disk should only contain logical drives in an extended partition, as else some severe confusion of drive assignment may happen, specially by possible changes between install time and normal use.
If your first disk was PATA / IDE, but the second one a SATA type, installing another Windows there to is supposed to fail, due to missing SATA drivers at that time, or conflicts with native resp. compatible IDE mode in the BIOS setup.

This is exactly, how far we can go here now.

This for, TOPIC CLOSED.

You're warned, ProgDVB related discussion only.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>