I need to update channel property too often

Hi,
occasionally I can't see stored channels, only black screen (sometime it happens twice a day)... everything returns to work after a new channel search or simply with right button on a channel -> Update.
I think that this isn't a progdvb problem... the same happens with other sw.

Can someone explain me why is happening?

Thank you,

F

PS I use the latest version of ProgDVB x32 Professional for 2000/XP/Vista/Win7 (6.46.6).

Re: I need to update channel property too often

As you told, same happens with other software, it's possible, the cause is in the stations.
For example, some stations I am using are changing IDs on local hours. DVB specifications allow this, and DVB receivers and software should be able to follow, at least if being already tuned to the transponder in question for a minute or two.

But sometimes switching also fails here, on both the STB and (any) DVB software.
And I have been testing several STBs and tons of DVB software over the years.
My dishes are far bigger than required, and signal strength is very good, quality perfect.
Symptoms are just happening sometimes, on several German stations on Astra 19.2°E, like NDR FS HH and NDR FS SH, RTL HH SH, all of those temporarily carrying locals.
The NDR stations are also occasionally effected on DVB-T, on STBs, my TV's integrated tuner and my MSI Digivox, always similar. Around a quarter of a mile from the TV tower...
So it's definitely the transmission to be blamed.
In any case like this, a search or update is not required, retuning (switching back and forth) does the job at once.

BTW, similar may happen regarding AR changes (4:3 <-> 16:9)
This effects even more stations.

However, it might be helpful to tell people about the services you are using (satellite, terrestrial or cable; provider / region) and some example stations (with level and quality readings), to compare.
And include basic details on your DVB tuner and driver, plus behaviour of the original software (version), that came with your tuner.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>