Re: Preferred motor upset for ProgDVB Pro

I have a motor (Clarke tech HH390) and it works fine with ProgDVB.
Anyway keep in mind that the real problem is always power supply, and it dosn't depend by the software but by the hardware.
I'm using a Skystar HD2 and to have the motor work I have to:

1) Use a very good cable (30 meter) without any interruption from motor to receiver.
2) Use a single LNB with very low power consumption. I try 3 different LNB before having the motor works fine, finally I used a Single Megasat Diavolo (100 mA power consumption) and everything works fine. With a dual LNB (to connetct a second receiver) there are no way!!!!

I can also verify that ProgDVB works great with a rotor. I have a STAB HH100 rotor and it worked perfect with ProgDVB when used with my old Skystar 1 card. I tried two new Skystar HD2 cards (one at a time) with no joy what so ever, even without an LNB connected, it would not budge. Why would they stick an extra power input on the card if it was a power issue? I gave up in the end and bought a TEVii S470 it doesn't have an extra power connector like the HD2 but who cares it works perfect. I would say it is all down to the card you are trying to use. The TiVii states on the box DiSEqc 1.0/1.2/1.3 and USALS.

It could be a version thing. I have seen at least three different versions of the SS HD2 card. Different layouts and components missing.
Windows 7 Home, TeVii S471 PCI-E, Stab HH100 rotor.

Very interesting card this TeVii S470, also because is based on new PCIe bus.
The only limitation seems to be the a missing C.I. adapter, but from my point of view is not a real issue.
As I said in my previous post, my Skystar HD2 now is working with motor but I have to make a lot of test, so probably this TeVii card is better.
I will put this card in my wishing list :D