Re: ProgDVB 6.6x testing

Timeshift comparison 6.60.2 vs 6.60.3 after a few days of testing multiple combination's on both versions. The best combination seem to be the one from below:

Demux: Microsoft
Codecs (audio and video): Cyberlink
VideoRender: VMR7
AudioRender: Default Direct Sound Device

Normal mode
6.60.2 - In many cases the audio goes out of sync. The good thing is that the sync is ok after changing the playback position.
6.60.3 - more frequently the audio goes out of sync. But it doesn't recover after changing position of playback.

Stability mode:
6.60.2 - very, very rarely goes out of sync and recovers after changing the playback position.
6.60.3 - often the audio goes out of sync. But it doesn't recover after changing position of playback.

Why the audio sync works better in stability mode? The demux, codecs and audio render are the same?

Hmmm.. the process priorities are different in stability mode:

ProgDvbNet.exe is AboveNormal
ProgDvbEngineRun.exe is just Normal

But strangely it works better.
| WinXP SP3 or Win10 1709 | i5 660@3.33Ghz | 4 Gb RAM | ATI Radeon HD 5450 1Gb|
| TT S2-3200 | TT 1501| Astrometa| TT Infrared Receiver| Octagon SF4008 for streaming to ProgDVB|
| Prog demux |
| VMR7 | CyberlinK video decoder (MPEG2) and FFDShow for H264 - DXVA enabled |
| ProgAR | FFDShow audio | Audio processor enabled |
| Timeshift in RAM | Buffer size 2000 |

Ok, Thank you. I will install it but I am afraid to report anything from my machine about the timeshift.

Each and every time it behaves differently and I may lead you to make wrong changes. :(

In the last days at least 5 times I believed that I have found the solution but it was proven wrong each time. :(

It doesn't seem to be working better with the MS demux during timeshift. :(
5 minutes.JPG
5 minutes.JPG (21.44 KiB) Viewed 4823 times
In version 6.60.2 the chance of going out of sync during timeshift was about 50%. On this one I think is over 80%. :( For mine system at least.

The TV preview still freezes from time to time with Prog demux (no timeshift needed).
| WinXP SP3 or Win10 1709 | i5 660@3.33Ghz | 4 Gb RAM | ATI Radeon HD 5450 1Gb|
| TT S2-3200 | TT 1501| Astrometa| TT Infrared Receiver| Octagon SF4008 for streaming to ProgDVB|
| Prog demux |
| VMR7 | CyberlinK video decoder (MPEG2) and FFDShow for H264 - DXVA enabled |
| ProgAR | FFDShow audio | Audio processor enabled |
| Timeshift in RAM | Buffer size 2000 |

VideoRender: WMR7
Video codec: Cyberlink(MPEG2 and H264)

Audio render: Default Direct Sound Device
Audio Codec: Cyberlink or FFDShow

Now I am testing with a very old audio codec (Moonlight odio dekoda (mp2)) and AC3 filter. Intervideo will follow next.

1. What codecs are you using? I would also try with those to see if it works better.

2. Using graphedit I have seen that I have installed an intervideo demux. There is any way to see if it supports push?

When using the Microsoft audio codec it works really well for the SD channels (mp2 audio). No problems what so ever until now. Tested longer timeshift on two channels that usually had problems in the past

I will start testing the HD channels (mp2 and AC3).

With the audio codecs that you indicated it works better for the HD channels too. For these there are only small problems from time to time but the best part is that they are automatically fixed after a few minutes of playback.

Here are the data for HD H264 channel with mp2 audio:
HD_MS_mp2.JPG
HD_MS_mp2.JPG (23.02 KiB) Viewed 4796 times
HD H264 with AC3 audio:
HD_ac3_ac3.JPG
HD_ac3_ac3.JPG (23.27 KiB) Viewed 4796 times
PS: It seem that you developed the code around these to codecs and for this reason I only got strange results with the other audio codecs. At least I have a working solution now. Thank you!

PS2: There is not change for the Prog demux, The small freezes from time to time are still present.

seba wrote:Each and every time it behaves differently and I may lead you to make wrong changes. :(

In the last days at least 5 times I believed that I have found the solution but it was proven wrong each time. :(
Yes there is a danger something else breaks because of all the changes.
Recently i found some partially corrupted (HD) recordings when testing the latest versions.
Not sure if this is because of the recent changes with AV sync/buffer?
Will test now with older en latest 6.60.4 versions.

I can see ProgDVB often seems to have a problem keeping up correct AV sync.
It depends/varies on certain channel and broadcast AV format.

Also i noticed Windows 7 is much more stable with less AV sync problems and TS breaks/discontinuities in the recordings.

Well this time the timeshift really seem to be better even after a day and a half of using and comparing with 6.60.2

Thee is a small interface bug that can be annoying when in full screen and wanting to change the timeshift position. The EPG tooltip appears over the slider and is a bit tricky to drag it.
tooltips1.JPG
tooltips1.JPG (10.55 KiB) Viewed 4763 times
Of course I could just disable the tooltips from settings but that setting doesn't seem to be working any more