File mpeg2 to big...help!!!

I just copy my previos problem:
Atm it seames i have rilsolved but after 21 days i eill be sure i have done realy al ok 100% i have done:
1)I unistalled Elecard AVC PlugIn for ProgDVB 1.2.90105.exe
2)I unistalled pRogdvb 6.51.02
3)I installed Elecard AVC PlugIn for ProgDVB 1.2.90105.exe (and in the tegistrator of the program i can see the versions of the plugin installed
4)I have installed again Progdvb 6.51.02 and olso in registrator of Progdvb i can reade the same version of the plugin elecard installed so mybe the problema was a not correct installed pluging during the setup not sure but i say i just think...let we wait
Thank's
Helen
ok so...Now all is ok but with this nrw plugins (i think is that the problema kust because is the only thing i have changed) when i revord something the file mpe is traly big (20 minutes over 1 gb).Yes after i use another software that compres/convert in xvid the file and reduce it about 1/5 but,as i thik the problem is on this news coides that are bettar i supose if the big size of a file is equal to the quality of the video.Can u suggest me a setting taht i can use so that to dont lose to mutch quality video and reduce mpeg file dimention?
Last question (OT)...
To upgrade progdvb version i nade to unistall the older one or i just nesade to lauch the new one (version) and everything will be done automately?
Allways tahnk's for the good support u giving me ! :-)
Take care
Helen
8)

Re: File mpeg2 to big...help!!!

Normally MPEG2 recordings are far smaller, around 1.0 to 1.5 GB per hour.
If yours are bigger, you may have initiated some post processing, which is unnecessary.
20 minutes a GB, this would be typical for MJPEG (or DIF, as it is also used by my professional video grabber), to enable frame precise cutting without need of any recoding.

Most TV stations have very fine compressing hardware, which give the best possible quality at a given data rate.
And normally, with default settings, ProgDVB would record that stream, exactly as it is transmitted, by this also causing no extra CPU load...
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Juergen wrote:Normally MPEG2 recordings are far smaller, around 1.0 to 1.5 GB per hour.
If yours are bigger, you may have initiated some post processing, which is unnecessary.
20 minutes a GB, this would be typical for MJPEG (or DIF, as it is also used by my professional video grabber), to enable frame precise cutting without need of any recoding.

Most TV stations have very fine compressing hardware, which give the best possible quality at a given data rate.
And normally, with default settings, ProgDVB would record that stream, exactly as it is transmitted, by this also causing no extra CPU load...
Ok thank's yes i was thinking that...maybe i have changed something in progdvb settings.I will try to restore default settings so i will be sure that if i was changeing something all will be back as was before.
I will let u know.What about the (OT)?To upgrade progdvb i neade to unistall previouse version or not?
Thank !
Helen
8)

Prog wrote:ProgDVB record ts/mpg with same bitrate. You can use wmv if you have power CPU.
Ok i'm "testing" settings.I put all default and...to answer u i prefer mpeg aas usualy i recorded everything,this is what i got.After recording a channell begin on 10.46.40 ended on 11.34.08 dimention of file 2,16 GB (2.324.951.040 byte) and this are my settings prodbv:
http://img819.imageshack.us/g/recvideo1.png any suggest?
Thank's
Helen
8)

PS:Ok i just changed from mpeg (that is my prefered way to record to ts and this is the result):
start time 12.10.14

end time 13.10.17

2,40 gb

so mpeg it seames to be just a littele more compressed but...allways to big as i wrote on the first post

At least that's far less, than what you told us in the beginning, more than 1 GB for 20 minutes...

So it seems, the channel(s) you are recording from use an unusually high data rate, similar to the maximum allowed on DVD.
At least, this stands for quality and a good provider...

Please give us an example or two, to allow us to compare.
Include details on satellite position, transponder and station name.

BTW, data rates like that should not really be a problem these days, as hard drives of 1.5 or 2 TB don't cost a fortune.
If you like to collect a lot of recordings, perhaps go for an extra drive, internal or even external.

.TS will always be bigger than .MPG, as it contains some extra streams, like (perhaps) all available audio, TXT/Subs and maybe more.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

After a quite long time i reply u.I can reade this : "Both Standard and Professional versions of ProgDVB include MPEG-2 shareware codec by Elecard. You have to register it after 21 days (Start->ProgDVB->Elecard Registrator) or use some alternative codecs. For AVC and H.264 support you should register Elecard AVC H.264 plugin for ProgDVB. The registration is done with the Serial Number provided in your purchase confirmation email." ok so...
I have installed a few version of Progdvb (olso last versin) all version i have installed on windows xp pro (so no windows 7) the windows xp was 32 bit but on all version after installed i try to go in Start->ProgDVB->Elecard Registrator and i didebnt get any version of plugin mpeg2 installed so as it is normal i cant registere anything.At the same time about what is written i ask u if i have understud well...
Il both version of progdvb there are installed MPEG-2 shareware codec by Elecard and after the 21 days i must register them,ok but...there are two Elecard products then?
1 product is : MPEG-2 codec by Elecard
2 product is : Elecard AVC H.264 plugin for ProgDVB
is that wright?So maybe that is why i get so big files maybe i neade to uninstall the "Elecard AVC PlugIn for ProgDVB 1.2.90105" and install only MPEG-2 shareware codec by Elecard? If is like that can u link me where to find them?On the Elecard web site i was able to finde many plugins/codecs and located only the Elecard AVC PlugIn for ProgDVB 1.2.90105.
Thank's!
Helen
8)