Re: 6.63.02 - HD disappeared

installed .9

Yesterday (Monday):
no SD-recording at ZDF_neo
14:09 the .ts from DAS ERSTE HD startet perfectly at correct time - but is 4.6 GB in size.
15:05 the second .ts startet on DAS ERSTE HD, but: same Titel as first .ts (Rote Rosen). Contains Womens Footballmatch ;-)
size as usual is 2.3 GB
Timestamps of files are at least ok now ;-)

installed the .10 meanwhile.
Added a onte-timer on SD additionally.
Result:

Both SD (the onetime and the programmed) wont be recorded and I got two files again with same name (+n), even if different names are choosen.
One of them is 4.6 GB and ok.
The second one is 2.2 GB and only bullshit. Contains right stream, but all 10 sec VLC stopps.

situation at 01.07.11

got three recordings...

a) 14:12 the wanted file with 4.6GB from Das Erste HD.
b) 15:05 same title(n+1) with 2 GB - not really playable with VLC
c) 16:05 (I´ve never programmed!) with tilte from b)

11:40-recoring at SD-ZDF-Neo wastn done.

Interstering:
In Servives-Planer only the 14:09-recording is marked with "successfull" dated 01.07.11
The other entries last have been touched at 16.06.11, but also reporting "success"

Strange!

Tried 65.01, because:

no recording at all or with great laps (mostly even with wrong name).
Only the warning the the Cyberlink-Codecs wont run. So I switched to MS.
Elsewhere when starting ProgDVB I still got the Cyberlink-ErrorMsg (which must be clicked to disappear).
Programs byself are ok, even I dont like the MS-codecs.

55 mins of HD-recording within 2 GB? Normally around 4.5 GB. But this is all lost since 63.02

SD-recording fails also meanwhile.

Verschlimmbessert!

ProgDVB does not do anything to the data rate transmitted, it records the streams selected exactly as they are, just puts them into a container file.

And of course ProgDVB does not use any codecs to record. Those are only used for showing video on the screen and sending decoded audio to the sound card.

Anyway, some severe codec related trouble can possibly cause excessive machine load, sometimes even leading to corrupted recordings this way.
That's why it's possible, to switch off the decoding during recording. perhaps try this and compare.

BTW, if you are finding differences in file sizes versus duration, on error less files that can only come from two reasons, either different data rates in transmission, or a different mix of streams used, like one or more audio tracks included.
TS format recordings are supposed to contain the whole transport stream multiplex of a station (not the whole transponder), with a variable number of streams inside. The streams included with a station are listed in tables, that are coming in as system data. If those were interpreted falsely, result may be a wrong stream mixture recorded, with streams missing or wrong streams included.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

sorry for the late reply, but some testing has been necessary.
Since 70.05 recording is partially ok. Just for the moment im running 70.06

Remenber: at a 64-bit-machine, orderded also but got "only" a 32-bit-Key.

I aplogize to your permanent updates, which are mosten quicker than testing the newest version will need ;-)

Why partially ?

ProgDVB-service failed totally, so I'm back to Windows scheduler.
Off course:
I've deinstalled the older versions of ProgDVB reguallary and cleared also the registry-entries you are setting.
No problem so far.
Installed the 70.05 from base new, give again my key (yes, even that file I´ve cleared!) and voila - 70.05 is working perfect as I like ist.
70.06 did the same.
Only use of ProgDVB-service fails
So I leave at that state and avoid your service ;-)

done.
First Impression: the 07-version did in combination with MS-timer. 3 files a day, 4,GB (2x for HD-recording) and 1 GB for SD.

Version 08 did only the first recording (HD, 4,5 G) - not any other of the entries.....when using the ProgDVB-service

Will try tomorrow to switch to MS-timer. Lets see...