Re: 6.63.02 - HD disappeared

Does your tuner initiate properly each time, if a DVB application is started manually?
Even if the computer was up before for hours?"
Since .5 : yes - and it even closes correct ;-)
Think about: I ordered I Win-64-version very early, but yo delivered 32bit only.
So there also is a 32-Bit-prog running at a 64-bit-system!

You've just mentioned a position switch for Eutelsat and Astra.
Is that installed right now?

Yes and no ;-)
Yes: At the roof it is installed for 16 lines from switch down to the homes here.
Working fine with any other receiver and even wirth the ugly Technisat-program.

No: at my PC-Technisat-card with your program I selected "switch" which gaves 4 slots. First: Astra, second Hotbird
When scanning so called "Eutelsat Hotbird" I got the same list as on Astra!
So I delayed this problem for later cleanup and removed the Hotbird-Switch.
If yes, it might perhaps initiate to an undefined state on LNB power on, even without any DiSEqC signals applied.
Such can happen even without any electronics being bad, e.g. if tuner or driver does not wake up properly from some system sleep mode.
Try to set the system controls to disallow any sleep modes for that device.
Ever done.... PC is 24/7 up. Systemcontrol didnt show any marked sleep-modes for that device.
Another aspect, some position switches still are downward compatible with older switching methods, like ToneBurst or even 22 kHz position control.
Many years ago, Eutelsat, the inventors of DiSEqC, allowed that for DiSEqC switches after power on, until the very first DiSEqC control signal was received.
This may be a reason, to not act properly after LNB power on. So if a sleep mode also interrupts the LNB voltage supply, it's hard power on after device wake up.
I just 4 month ago changed dish and LNB because after 20 years at the roof both are roughly stumbled.

I've had similar trouble here, some years ago, before I changed from standard LNBs to a mains powered multiswitch system, using Quattro LNBs with fixed outputs and 4/1 DiSEqC switches just managing the multiswitch outputs.
Situation here is 2 Quattro-LNBs with fixed output to multiiswitch down to 16 home-lines.
But you gave me an idea: many of the connected people at that switch are driving old analog receivers. Some only Astra, some using 22kHz for switching to Hotbird....
At the other side the digital users (including HD-TVs) reporting no problems.
And: it doesnt matter which line from the roof I´m using for the PC-Technisat-card: Technisat-Prog does (even both satellites!) ProgDVB didnt.... ;-(
Must think about that a bit more.
I really love your prog, its easy and handy.
Cant really understand, why the dbox2 at the same line does the job... (sure, without HD, but bothe Eutelsat and Hotbird)

Well, even if your position switch is not installed right now, you should perhaps deactivate energy saving / sleep modes for your tuner.
I dont ever use that functions- if they are available I disable them. But ok, I´ll have a closer look on that tomorrow.

Next test with timers : Mo-Fr

Thanks for your great help anyway!!

WHICH settings you think I should alter?

Affected are timers at 2 different but free channels: Das Erste HD, zdf_neo

I`ve deleted all the timers, rebooted the machine and enter the timers manually new.
Ok, must say:
I used that way:
EPG - marking for today and saying store/save.
In Timers I added "last action"=EXIT, duration : weekly Mo-Fr
But even an onetime Recording from arte SD failed by using this way.

The servce didnt work....
Walking to timers I see no SUCESS message since 27.05.11, the other timers are still untached.
Pointing to the entry I will get a reasonable "next time scheduled.... " - but even that didnt!

yep, on Friday two of the 3 timers really worked...
BUT:
each exaktly 1 hour to late.....
timed on 14:09-1500 will record 15:09-1600, the other one the next one I wont like to record...

Try it by yourself: get EPG, select Monday "Rote Rosen" at 14:09 - 1500 and say RECORD.
Correct the things you like to "weekly, Mo-Fr" and select EOF to "quit program"
After that do the same for 1506-1600 with "Sturm der Liebe".
Third: switch to zdef_neo and select "Raumschiff Enterprise", do the same.
MY result is: Das Erste HD: two records one hour to late yesterday
No recording on ZDF_neo.
Thats all .05_version!

Because I know you as a quick reacting guy, I today installed .06-version of PROG-DVB.
BUT:

Got massive pixels instead a picture with my Codecs (Cyberlink H264/AVC (PVD8), signalstrenth and quality are over 90%

Also for the moment I have reduced the transponderoptions to a single LNB at Astra, not a switch.

Hopefully you might see whats going wrong....

No problems for me on Das Erste HD and ZDF HD channels from Astra 19.2 using the cyberlink codecs. There must be some special setting to have this problem.

The 1 hour time difference for the recording set directly from the EPG sound more like a wrong Timeoffset setting in the EPG. However not tested this...

PS1: tested with 6.63.6
PS2: I also do not have tv preview on ZDF_neo but the signal level is very low on my location.
| WinXP SP3 or Win10 1709 | i5 660@3.33Ghz | 4 Gb RAM | ATI Radeon HD 5450 1Gb|
| TT S2-3200 | TT 1501| Astrometa| TT Infrared Receiver| Octagon SF4008 for streaming to ProgDVB|
| Prog demux |
| VMR7 | CyberlinK video decoder (MPEG2) and FFDShow for H264 - DXVA enabled |
| ProgAR | FFDShow audio | Audio processor enabled |
| Timeshift in RAM | Buffer size 2000 |

Re: 6.63.02 - HD disappeared 8and other)

The .6-version didnt do any recording from timers.
Installed .7 and:
zdf-neo (timer 1) wont be recorded at all,
Das Erste HD Timer2 is ok
Das Erste HD Timer 3 is partially ok: recording yes, but with the filename(1) from timer 2

Also the codec-problems disappeared.

I´ll try to recreate (delete/create) zdf_neo again.
Will report again.

"provider" is astra (local) (lol)
Installed .7 meanwhile: no recording at all
And please note: ZDF_neo is SD, only Das Erste HD is HD with two timers...

lol... the thrid timer now works (Das Erste HD) and did his recording. Startpoint: 15:10
Even the right name was created on HD....

Have done:
completely remove of ProgDVD, clearing /Program Files, clearing /Users, clearing registry (also the old MS-timers pointig to that entries!)
Reboot
Claning up again wirth Tuneup to avoid entries in regsitry I didnt find
Reboot
Installed .7-version again, entered the registrykey, set LNBs new (to one LNB Atsra only), starting a channelsearch at Astra
Wow - did again.
Switched to DAS ERSTE HD, entered EPG and marked the two sessions I want to be recorded automatically, set them to weekly Mo-Fr, checked the names for the recording file, entered last action "end"
Same procedure on ZDF_neo, marked the session same way.

Yesterday i got:
Sturm der Liebe (2) correctly at 1509 starting
Additionally at 1609 I got "Sturm der Liebe (3)" - but it contains the next TV-show, starting at 1609
No sighting for the SD-reord on ZDF-neo

Looking again into the planner this morning I only found "Sturm der Liebe" (last entry) marked as succesfull.
All other entries at the other planned recordings there are empty!
Pointing with mouse on it says: next scheduled on" (today)

This morning: as planned at 11:39 recording starts to create a correct named file "Raumschiff Enterprise) on ZDF_neo, but the file wasnt filled: 0 Bytes, not growing (time to write this is 1300)

Opening ProgDVB shows ZDF_neo, but no pcicture/sound. So he is recording what he is seeing: nothing.