Re: Problem with some channels with AAC codec

How can i save a channel that doesnt open? Today i could not open any HD channel with AAC audio.
But i send you a 1 seg channel, they open pictures, but not allways audio. The sample plays most of time ok with past versions, but sometimes has dificulties with version 6.70. It is a bit long, and you can see sometimes audio disapears. Strange, it cant be played in WMP, VLC or MPC (audio, video goes ok).

https://www.rapidshare.com/files/415657 ... 1_58_16.ts

marec wrote:How can i save a channel that doesnt open?
Sure you can, as recording is not depending on being able to decode for the desktop.
Of course the station would have to be tuned in correctly, and then ProgDVB would just write the streams into a container file, codecs not involved.
It's even possible, to switch off all the audio and video decoding for recording with very low CPU load.
You won't see or hear anything at that time, of course. But on later playback you would see the results.

BTW, this relates with true FTA stations, of course.
If encryption was the reason for not getting sound and / or vision, the (full TS) recording would be encrypted as well.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Thanks, Juergen.
I recorded a HD sample that i can't open in 6.70.3. It can be viewed in 6.65, but i noted that the clock gets crazy when playing it. Furthermore, the length of record in file properties is incorrect, showing something as 14 hours to a 1' 25'' record.
I can remember this problems with clock happened before, about the begining of engine 4 (not sure when). There was a complaint about large audio - video out of syncronism those days, in H264 + AAC. And it is a problem not completely solved since then, sometimes still I can find it when zapping channels :( .

https://www.rapidshare.com/files/179010 ... 1_22_29.ts

Tried now Progdvb 6.70.5, and the AAC audio pin issue continues the same way. :shock:

Edit: Im using two instalations of Progdvb in the same machine (6.65 and 6.70, separate directories). I see that there are influence between then, when i change version, the record directory keeps the used in session before,
not the record directory of the now opened version. :? :?:

Marec and Prog, I FINALLY FOUND THE SOLUTION!!

I installed an old version (6.65.2), installed divx codecs, used it as AAC decoder and deleted all my channel list (Channels folder on C:/Program files/ProgDVB) and made a new search. No problems at the moment!

Prog, hope now you can make it work on newer versions with this "clue".

Best wishes!

No, it allways and only happens with newer than 6.65.2, no matter what codec or demux.
Seems more the audio stream (or pids) some way is not beeing well sorted or timed before sent to decoder, and gives the no pin errors, which eventually occur even with plain mpeg audio.
I remember the file 'recording time' property can be crazy for this no pin channels...