How to get rid of the question whether to update channels...

I have here USB-Quattro-Stick with DVB-C and DVB-T - but not both at the same time. But as i need to use both modes, I always have to turn off one of them and turn on the other. So far so not to avoid.

But what really sucks is the question that everytime appears whether to search channels for the turned on mode - or to remove the channels of the turned off mode.

HOW TO GET RID OF THAT QUESTION?

I know when to update the channels and can do that manually!

Re: How to get rid of the question whether to update channel

Perhaps a "don't ask me again" option would be helpful there...

At least this would be far bettr, than installing ProgDVB twice, to different places andwith different settings, and having to maintain both and avoid using both at the same time (like by the scheduler)...
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Sorry, but I really hate "don't ask me again" options - as you never know where to turn it on again when you need it again.

Better would be a clickbox somewhere in the Options inside the TV-Sources dialog-box whether to ask for updating channels after hw-change or not.

Or that clickbox could also be somewhere inside the program options.

Btw:
Juergen wrote:At least this would be far bettr, than installing ProgDVB twice, to different places andwith different settings, and having to maintain both and avoid using both at the same time (like by the scheduler)...
If you then would start both: when starting the second one, it would tell you that selected hw not usable, turn it off - and probably ask to delete channels - or at least when having turned off the other version, ask whether to search channels when turning it on again - so that would really not be a valuable solution.

Exactly.
But what else to do, with your special hardware of one-and-a-half tuners?
The original software surely knows about what hardware components are shared, and what are (to be controlled) separate.
Without a full SDK (or sources) for that device, Prog probably can't do all to much...
Except of not changing the channel data base if device was changed.
Theoretically this should be possible, if separate (dynamic) lists were used by device, showing up or getting hidden by device state.
Even then, a common favourites list might cause trouble. Stations from an inactive device would have to be hidden or deactivated there in.
Not really easy to do, I suppose...
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Please don't make it too complicated - and not more complicated than it could be!

My proposal: Add a check-box (or else - what is most appropriate) in the same "device selection window" where you select your device. On that check-box should be written something like: "ask for updating channels?" If it is selected, you get the question whether to rescan channels (or remove unused) as provided now (I don't know whether every device is asked separately) - and if it is not selected, you don't get that question and there will be no channel update/removal - and all is kept as before.

So add just a criterion whether that question should appear or not - not more and not less - and best thing is to add that in the same window where you choose your device (of course in both views - simple and advanced). That would intercept the "problem".

BTW:
Juergen wrote:Theoretically this should be possible, if separate (dynamic) lists were used by device, showing up or getting hidden by device state.
Even then, a common favourites list might cause trouble. Stations from an inactive device would have to be hidden or deactivated there in.
Not really easy to do, I suppose ...
To be honest: that's a different problem ... (I also complained at least once before - i.I.r.c.) ...

Until now (some versions before - 6.50 or else) it was so that when you added new channels, they were put in all the "hardware lists" i.e. having two lists here with the pinnacle quattro stick (DVB-C and DVB-C), I had the DVB-T channels also in the DVB-C list and vice versa - and that's no good - specially when they are on the same channel/frequency. So treating the devices separately would be really a nice thing - but I treat that as a different task than the question whether to scan device or remove channels.