Installing new Version with importing old channels-list?

Hello!

Is it possible to install the newest ProgDVB version on my pc and to import my old channels list from my older ProgDVB version?

I think my old version is a bit buggy and sometimes crashes, but I dont know why.

So can anybody tell me how to import my channels (in correct order and so on) if possible?

You can also answer in german if you can speak german ;)

Thanks.

yiHa

Mh, the channels import works, but some channels dont work any more. das sind Verschlüsselte, weiss grad nich wie ich das auf englisch schreiben soll.

BTW, after importing an older channel database, there's no garantee, all data are really acting normal.
This for, do a full scan then.
If all channels were declared as lost on this, the import failed somehow. Else most of the channels would just be updated, only a couple of them lost resp. new found.

Some PIDs and extra data aren't important for ProgDVB itself, so possibly those won't be treated properly on database format changes without notice.
Bt luckily database structure changes don't happen to often. Had to rebuild my channel lists and favourites four times the past four years, that's fair.

Another aspect, you should in any case keep a backup copy of your old installation. Normally it's no problem, to have more than one version of ProgDVB in seperate folders.

Oh yes, and the board language is English, definitely.
There's a russian section here, as you may have noticed, but for German there's another place.
I will not mention the URL of that place in any posting, as that would mean, keeping you away from reading my and SiLencers' signatures :roll:
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

at first - there are solutions:

1.) use the tool "ProgEdit" , there you can convert from old list to new one.

if i remember me , then it works from 4.53 - now.
in the tool there is also a a help included with FAQ how to convert from old one to new.
the old channel tree can also be converted.

if you have question - pleas let me know.

2.) new channel list without a scan + old channel tree.

a good idea is, to take a new SDX channel list and import it with the tool ProgEdit . on auto.satcodx.com - you can make a SDX from all your wishes by yourself.

this SDX file (ProgEdit can handle the new format) then you import in ProgEdit and then you can use "overwrite channels" with the list from some PPV sender (PW direkt, EASY XX, and so on). Then you have a good new channel list. PLS: you have to fill out he device infos of your dvb card on every channel - but don't worry - this take 10 sec time :)

then you can also load the old channel tree list in ProgEdit and can "change some settings, that ProgEdit makes from old format the new format.

save all lists and ready to use.

cu camel