Re: Prog media server

First I downloaded the 14 days trial version of prog media server pro for large network
(If the home/free version is enough please reply??)

Then when I use the following settings:

server:-
mode: current channel / format: (tran.stream/all stream) / network: unicast protocol with my static network ip and all other settings are the same.

client:-
Network: other pc static ip address / entered the server ip / format: Trans.stream

I was able to watch what is being played on the server and change the channel from the client
but I tried many different choices in order to be able to watch different channel on the client without any success.
ex: I changed the mode on server to iptv and choose to select 2 channels only from the format tap
in order to not saturate the network bandwidth but also no success....

Could you please help me with the required settings?

Regards

Re: Prog media server

You can have as many channels as are available on a single transponder and view any/all of them.
On my system I have set in the Media Server:
Server Mode: Shoutcast

Format: Stream Type: Transport stream/All streams
Click on Select channels and you will get a list of the channels on the transponder you are tuned to. Select the ones you want. Unfortunately (a bug to be fixed!!!!) the selection will not be preserved when you stop and re-start ProgDVB so you will have to go and select them each time you re-start ProgDVB. These are the <channel names> in the step below.

Network: Leave as is. Change the port if you want (I have mine set to 8080)

Click Apply and ok.
Re-open the dialog (Service/Prog Media Server from the menu) and you should see the URL has changed.

On my server I then set up VLC to transcode the output to h.264 and stream it onto individual ports, one port per channel. Without this it doesn't seem possible to see the channel on a remote machine. You can set up the stream from VLC as either Unicast or Multicast.

To view the stream on the server open VLC and select media/open network stream. Put in http://127.0.0.1:8080/<channel name>
Click play and you should see the correct channel.

On your clients (I'm using VLC) open a stream with address http://<server IP>:<port set for VLC streaming> and you should see your channel.