Recording to .pva or .mpg - ProgDVB produces broken files :|

Hello there,

i tried recording with ProgDVB and it did record something but however the files are not readable to other programs. I can replay them fine with Prog but i cannot trim them with Cuttermaran or else for example. Even PVA-Strumento refuses to open the files. The pva recording even plays laggy in VLC.

So what is the problem here? Any chance to repair this mess to work with the recordings?

thank you,

Satman

why record in pva instead of mpg....it doesn´t matter in what format do you record...

1. pva record only works good with premium cards like hauppauge nexus and technotrend premium

2. if you use a hauppauge nexus or technotrend premium card..check device options and ´uncheck´ : Receive mpeg2 from skystar 1 ...if you not do this corrupt recordings may be the result...

i have a hauppauge nexus 2.2 running in hardware mode and i tried all formats pva and mpg in order to find out which one works ;)
But nevermind, after 2 days testing all programs i could find that treat mpeg2 i finally found a program that repaired all the broken files i recorded ;).
But why the hell isn't progdvb capable to do 'correct' recordings in hardware mode?

greetz,
satman

Same with Nexus-S 2.2 and driver TT 2.19, on Win98SE or W2kP.
Recordings are fine, ready for playback in ProgDVB (MPG even over my HDD DiVX player).
As the recordings aren't constrained for PC, several software players may run into trouble due to packet size and timecode issues. This for it's highlxy recommended, to de- and remux for later use in common applications.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Satman wrote:But nevermind, after 2 days testing all programs i could find that treat mpeg2 i finally found a program that repaired all the broken files i recorded ;).
Same problem here, recorded files don't play in any other media player.

What is this magical program you have found ?

Brazil2 wrote:
Satman wrote:But nevermind, after 2 days testing all programs i could find that treat mpeg2 i finally found a program that repaired all the broken files i recorded ;).
Same problem here, recorded files don't play in any other media player.

What is this magical program you have found ?
I've got the same problem - The MPV (mpeg2 video) header is broken - as for example TMPGenc does show me, if I use advanced demuxxing.
Although I would prefer a good stream produced by ProgDVB I found my way: I use ProjectX to convert the MPG File to an "M2P-MPG" File. After doing this step I use PVAstrumento...

CHfish
CHfish CHfish

After doing some investigations I finally found that the files are recorded in PES format which is a dumb format.

PS and/or TS formats should be used instead and then the files will be compatible :wink:

CHfish: thanks for the info :)

This would, at least on the SS1 cards, require some extra restructuring on recording procedure.
Not necessary, if intending to use recordings, to play out over the SS1, or (.mpg) even over some HDD players, like mine, based on a prolific chipset, that also does VOB, DivX, AVI and lots more...
All recordings in perfect synch there, without any prior treatment.

But tools like PVAStrumento can restructure (not recode) streams very quickly.
And in most cases even simple de- and remuxing would also do the job.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Unreadable recordings can cause from anything such as;
ProgDVB version, Hardware you're using, Hardware drivers version, Load on your CPU, Stability of your OS etc...

When I first started using ProgDVB it was in v4.62 & give me serious problems with my SS2. Back then someone suggested to use more known to be stable version of ProgDVB + Drivers. So I switched back to v4.56 and all my errors in recordings are gone!... So my suggestion; try different combinations of not so latest ProgDVB with not so latest drivers of your hardware on a stable not so multitasking system. (You can setup more than 1 ProgDVB in different folders e.g.; 1 latest for testing, 1 stable for recordings)

As for PVA; I can't find anything other than PVAStrumento & ProjectX to deal with them properly (Even they can't handle some of the files). When I got many unreadable, uncorrectable, uneditable PVA files, I switched to MPEG2. With the help of 'VideoReDo' (many other solutions are available compared to PVA) recording, cutting, editing etc... will become easier than ever. As for AVI conversion, with Gordian Knot or AutoGK one can do whatever he wants with ease.

I hope these will work for you too...