Sound not playing 99% of the time

Hello,

This is my first time using ProgDVB, I'm using v6.95.3 (x64) on Windows 7 (x64).
First of all, your software is awesome! Congratulations.

But I'm in need of help with sound not playing most of the time.
The problem is that the audio will not play by default and I cannot find the reason why.
I can get audio to play by messing around with the several audio codecs and audio renders and sometimes it will play with no problem. Bu as soon as I change the TV channel, the sound will stop playing. Then, I tweak around the codecs again at random and apply the changes several times until it starts playing again (no particular codec works/doesn't work). Then, if I change the TV channel again, the sound will vanish. If I return to the previous TV channel where sound was playing, there is an 80% chance that the audio will still play. If I close ProgDVB, when I reopen it there is a 1% chance that audio will play. Most of the times I'll have to go to the codecs again and start messing around with them and apply until I hear sound, but then on every time I change the TV channel the sound will be gone (no particular TV channel). By the way, using ProgTV has the same effect. If I am fortunate enough to get sound on one TV channel I can't change it or the sound will be gone there too.

I have installed latest audio codec packs and everything is fine there it seems.
Why I am sure the problem is not hardware or driver related: If I open my device with VLC Media Player, everything is flawless. Audio plays in every TV channel and never does it go away when changing TV channels or any other stuff. In fact, I don't even need to worry about anything related to audio codecs or any other setting for that matter.

I have tried changing the demux, codecs, sound processing, etc, nothing has solved this crippling problem.
So, my question is: What might be wrong with ProgDVB or my settings so that sound will play correctly but stop playing whenever I change a TV channel or if I close/open ProgDVB?

Thank you for your help.

Re: Sound not playing 99% of the time

Prog wrote:Please send me logs.

ps: You can try change audio renderer and audio codec in ProgDVB settings. What audio format?
Attached are the logs during a few tests where sound worked and didn't work, I don't know if they can be of much help.
I already tried changing the audio renderer (they all work, when they work...) and the same for the codecs.

The audio codec category in ProgDVB is MPEG because it's the only one that has any interference in the decoded stream when switched. These are the codecs that I tried:
- ffdshow Audio Decoder: Decodes sound correctly when there is any;
- LAV Audio Decoder: Decodes sound correctly when there is any;
- Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder: Decodes sound correctly when there is any;
- MP3 Decoder DMO: Always produces garbage/hissing sounds, probably because it cannot decode the stream;
- MPEG Audio Decoder: Always produces garbage/hissing sounds, probably because it cannot decode the stream;
- WMAudio Decoder DMO: Always produces garbage/hissing sounds, probably because it cannot decode the stream;
- WMSpeech Decoder DMO: Always produces garbage/hissing sounds, probably because it cannot decode the stream;

Whenever I change/refresh the TV channel, the Audio Renderer or the output device, the sound will either stop playing or start playing at random. When using "ffdshow audio decoder", I get the tray icon which says the following:
- Input: MP2, Stereo, 44100Hz (libavcodec)
- Output: none

The few times the sound plays with "ffdshow audio decoder" selected, the icon doesn't show in the tray.
But that doesn't change the fact that it has the issue of sound disappearing with any other working codec.

In ProgDVB, when I go to the channel propreties it has AAC/LATM as Audio Stream. And ProgDVB OSD shows "Stereo, MPG". The DirectShow filters show the Audio Format as "Stereo, MPG - 44100"

Clearly that the problem is between ProgDVB and the audio codecs since VLC (which uses it's own internal codecs) doesn't have any problem. By the way, I also uninstalled all codec packs, reset default OS codecs, restarted the computer, retried, reinstalled the codecs, etc... to no avail.

Also, a lot of times when clicking "Default" in the codec configuration window it will give an error after applying the changes:
ProgDVB Engine API Except in ProgDvbEngine::Engine_SetChannel

Thanks for the help.
Attachments
ProgDVB_Logs.zip
Logs during the time where the sound worked and stopped working upon channel change/refresh.
(45.56 KiB) Downloaded 268 times

ner0 wrote:I'm using v6.95.3 (x64)
Use x64 audio codec. like AC3Filterx64 (the Best&free)
[size=50] Железо: Acer KG271C, IP Q G2020@2.9, HD7770, 8 RAM, AMD audio, Yamaha RX-V465, LG 42LA790V, Prof 7300,7301, Tevii s470, TBS 6922se. Софт: W7x64, ProgDVBx32. Настройки: prog demux, audio-AC3Filter, WASAPI, video-Custom EVR, ArcSoft 2,28,497 [/size]

V.Zhukoff wrote:
ner0 wrote:I'm using v6.95.3 (x64)
Use x64 audio codec. like AC3Filterx64 (the Best&free)
Thanks, I did try that but the problem persists.
Besides, using ProgDVB x86 has the same problem.

Previously I also used K-Lite codec pack which installs both x86 and x64 codecs. On another note, I tried a demo version of a DVB player software from another vendor and there was no issue. But in all fairness, from the 3 different DVB softwares I tried (all using third-party codecs) 2 of them gave me this issue.

I'm not saying ProgDVB is the problem on itself, but it seems that it has some compatibility issues that, sadly, make it unusable for me.

1. Audio card driver
2. Settings/ a)demux->Prog, b)Audio->Prog Audio Renderer, c)Audio->MPEG->AC3Filter, AC3->AC3Filter.
It is a basis. This works for most of all. Stays at these and discribe problem with logs after.
[size=50] Железо: Acer KG271C, IP Q G2020@2.9, HD7770, 8 RAM, AMD audio, Yamaha RX-V465, LG 42LA790V, Prof 7300,7301, Tevii s470, TBS 6922se. Софт: W7x64, ProgDVBx32. Настройки: prog demux, audio-AC3Filter, WASAPI, video-Custom EVR, ArcSoft 2,28,497 [/size]

V.Zhukoff wrote:1. Audio card driver
2. Settings/ a)demux->Prog, b)Audio->Prog Audio Renderer, c)Audio->MPEG->AC3Filter, AC3->AC3Filter.
It is a basis. This works for most of all. Steel at these and discribe problem with logs after.
Thanks for your help V.Zhukoff.
Audio card is on-board Realtek HD Audio, driver version is 6.0.1.6662.
I have already tested and re-tested almost all combinations possible of demux, audio renderer and codecs, including the ones you advised above (using AC3 2.6.0b). They mostly work fine but stop working when i change the channel or close/open ProgDVB.
As for the logs, I have already attached them in my second post, nothing has changed since then, just now while tweaking settings back and forth I got sound working, then I changed to another channel and the sound went away, when I came back to the previous channel, still no sound though. I think I have some bad mojo.

I am having this exact same problem.
I used the free version ProgDVB6.93.1x64 and had no problems with AC3.

Now I installed ProgDVB6.95.3Pro (yes I paid for it) and all channels with AC3 sound are mute most of the time.
Like ner0 I can play with settings and sometimes get sound (surprisingly the audio selector will show MP3 instead of AC3 all of a sudden).

This looks like a regression.
Please help.

Somehow it seems that ProgDVB is incorrectly detecting the audio format in the stream. I say this because I opened up ProgDVB and the sound was working on the first channel that came up and I noticed in the OSD description that the audio stream was "Stereo, AAC". I then changed to another channel (sound wouldn't play) and the OSD description was "Stereo, MPG". I then changed back to the first channel where sound was playing and the sound stream was now detected as "Stereo, MPG" and then no sound would come out.

I proceeded to change channels several times until sound came up on one of them and again, the OSD showed the audio stream to be "Stereo, AAC". Right now I'm positive that whenever the audio stream plays, it's because it was detected as AAC, whenever it doesn't play it is being (wrongfully) recognized as MPG. This happens no matter which codecs or audio renderers are chosen.

If anyone has any idea why ProgDVB would wrongfully recognize the audio stream or force to MPG randomly, it would probably help me figure out the actual problem.

Prog wrote:Try other demux and send me logs if still problem.
But this process not easy..
So, you're saying that the demux is what detects or sets the audio stream to MPG instead of AAC?
Anyway, I have tried them all and the problem is the same.
As for the logs, they're sitting in my second post.

hi, i think the problem is with select Device on codec page of setting, every time i install a fresh version of ProgDVB i have no sound that is because ProgDVB select automatically "Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition....)" so i have to change it to "Primary Sound Driver" for both (default audio render & audio render for AC3), after that i have sound, i think "Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)" also will give me sound. so by default on fresh install ProgDVB SHOULD NOT select "S/PDIF"... (not sure but i think s/pdif is for headsets...)
thanks ....
Windows: 7 Service pack 1 , 32bit _-_ DVB: Sky Star 2.8a PCI _-_ CPU: 2.6 GHZ Dual core X2 AMD _-_ RAM: installed 4Gig , 2.75 Gig usable _-_ Graphic: ATI Radeon x1200 series total available memory : 1663