Re: ProgDVB not work with ASTROMETA-DVB-T2/T/C USB TUNER CAR

Using latest pre-release, hybrid mode and drivers posted by Neal. Scanning on ASTROMETA DTV Filter now seems to find both DVBT and DVBT2 channels. Not sure which exactly fixed it but I'm happy!

EDIT: I do seem to have to manually scan to get the DVBT2 channels even if they are in the multiplex list. EPG program names and descriptions also seems to still be corrupt for DVBT2 channels (possibly looks like they are meant to be read as UTF-8 instead of ASCII?). They show correctly on the TVR program. Screenshots attached.
Last edited by Stanz on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Attachments
epg3.jpg
DVBT
epg2.jpg
DVBT2

I have just loaded up the old release version which seems to also find and show the DVBT1 and DVBT2 channels. So it seems the driver has made the big difference. I haven't tested the pre-release version with the old drivers.

To further on the point earlier: Seems that HD channels sometimes do not show up on the first scan, doing it a second time seems to work.

EDIT: fixed attachment in previous post. Doing some research and it seems the EPG are using Huffman text compression (the same used for Freesat). Maybe we could get a checkbox in channel properties for if a channel's EPG uses Huffman coding?

gicgigel wrote:Do not use DVB-T, DVB-C only interested me.
Still not working.
Hello everone, i have the same stick with the same problems. And im very interested in getting this to work, so i'd love to help finding a solution!
I havent tried any of the things that were proposed, but the basic problem is the same here. Actual version of progdvb doesnt find any channels although seeing a signal.

PLEASE help someone - Greetings, henne7