Re: SAT>IP Protocol support

Prog wrote:New version in prerelease. Sat IP in TV Sources.
Hi Prog,

I tested version "7.07.2c" and YES, the new "SAT>IP" source works! Only some minor bugs. I'll comment it when you publish the final version. I have some suggestions to improve it!

Thank you, you're the best!

Hi Prog,

This test is with version x32 7.07.03. Results:

- Scanning: OK
- Play channels: OK
- Autodiscovering: Not implemented (very low priority)
- Diseqc: Not implemented (medium priority)

Bugs:

1) The new "SAT>IP" device has a bug with plugins. This option is broken. If I open ProgDVB and I go to a channel in the "SAT>IP" device, then plugins aren't enabled. My current hack is: open ProgDVB, go to a channel in another device (BDA device), this enables the plugins menu, after that when I return to "SAT>IP" device then the plugins are working. Please, can you fix this? Your software is at time the only one suporting plugins with SAT>IP devices!!!

2) Sometimes when I change the channel, first "not found". After a second selection it works. This is only a low priority bug.

3) The Prog Media Server Home isn't enabled for "SAT>IP" devices. As they are similar to BDA, why you don't enable it?

4) TS Recorder never works (always disabled). This can be fixed?

5) My old channels config with "DVB over IP" don't work now. This will not be a problem when you fix current errors, and you can remove them. But, I prefer to have it available in the meantime.

In summary: Great improvement! You're the best! Only minor bugs to be fixed.

I wait for next version.

evarost wrote:In summary: Great improvement! You're the best! Only minor bugs to be fixed.
Great progress with my hope that at some point there will be built in ProgSat>IP server featuring a DLNA/UPnP-compatible Server mode that allows DLNA/UPnP Client devices and applications (that are not SAT>IP compatible Clients) such as DLNA-compatible TVs or Media Players to access the Live satellite TV and Radio streams over the LAN/WLAN too 8)

Would that require 4 tuners(Signal sources (devices)) for each pol/volt at lower price(not for large networks)?

Thex wrote:Great progress with my hope that at some point there will be built in ProgSat>IP server featuring a DLNA/UPnP-compatible Server mode that allows DLNA/UPnP Client devices and applications (that are not SAT>IP compatible Clients) such as DLNA-compatible TVs or Media Players to access the Live satellite TV and Radio streams over the LAN/WLAN too 8)
This will be done when Prog enables "Prog Media Server Home" for SAT>IP devices. This is in the roadmap (I hope) and already implemented.

ProgDVB is a great software!

Thex wrote:such as DLNA-compatible TVs or Media Players to access the Live satellite TV and Radio streams over the LAN/WLAN too
+100
[size=50] Железо: Acer KG271C, IP Q G2020@2.9, HD7770, 8 RAM, AMD audio, Yamaha RX-V465, LG 42LA790V, Prof 7300,7301, Tevii s470, TBS 6922se. Софт: W7x64, ProgDVBx32. Настройки: prog demux, audio-AC3Filter, WASAPI, video-Custom EVR, ArcSoft 2,28,497 [/size]

Prog wrote:Thanks for report. I have one quick idea. Please try "b" prerelease.

ps: For using DVB over IP or IPTV, you must use satip:// links. But I think this way not actual.
Hi ProgDVB,

I test last version v7.07.4 in 32bit, and the results are impresive:

- Scanning: OK
- Play: OK
- Plugins: OK
- Autodiscovering: Not implemented
- Diseqc: Not implemented

No errors found! Great! You're the best! All working like a USB device... except one suggestion: please, can you enable the "Prog Media Server Home" for SAT>IP devices? The support for these devices is at time complete (limited, but robust!). I like to test it using a remote computer and using plugins, but now a message say "Select any non IP device for enable PMSH".

Thank you for your good software!

Prog wrote:You can use server over ProgDVB interface...
Sorry?

In "Service" Menu only "TS Recorder" is shown (also this is disabled for SAT>IP devices). In "Settings"/"Modules" is checked "Prog Media Server Home", but when I push over "propierties" a new window says "Server not started. Please select any NOT internet TV channel".

So, I feel you need to remove artificial blocking over this type of devices (SAT>IP), as I see you typed it as "network device" (when is like BDA!).

Please, can you fix this?
Thank you!