PMS standby with no client

Hi,

I need to request about this question, but I don't know how to do:

When I enable ProgMediaServer in my computer, and I like to use another computer as a client, when the client connects to PMS the program changes the channel and sends the video. This is right and works like a charm! But, when I disconnect then the channel continues ON in ProgDVB. I like that if no users are connected then the channel goes OFF. In the GUI of ProgDVB is the "stop" or "close" button. But when using the PMS... how to do that?

Thank you for your response, and sorry for this stupid question if it's already documented!

Re: PMS standby with no client

Hi Prog,

I like to be GREEN. When user disconnects, ProgDVB continues playing the channel, and receiving the streaming from the SAT>IP server. This is a waste of resourcers.

I suggest to add the option to close (stop playing) the channel when no users are connected for X seconds.

What you think?

Prog wrote:Not many resources... But I think about this. Same with EPG, depended from android part.
OK, I hope you find the best way to implement it! Your software is impressive. Good luck!

Ralted to this: Not many resources... Well, think on:

1) PC where run ProgDVB
2) ProgDVB resources
3) Channel playing in ProgDVB
4) Plugins running in ProgDVB
5) SAT>IP server
6) Network

I feel is best to only use resouces 1+2, and let standby 3+4+5+6. Agree?

Prog wrote:I am not sure about sat ip box, but ProgDVB use <1% of CPU in this mode. You can check.
Hi Prog,

To be GREEN you not only need to use LOW resources, but DISABLE resources. When Prog is receving (and processing) a channel, your SAT>IP server is consuming power, your networl is consuming power, your CPU is consuming power, etc.

Please, think on the Earth! When no users for N seconds, the best is "stop" the channel (not the PMS). Then, when a user reconnects you can "play" the channel. Easy and effective.

BE GREEN! :wink: