Installer is flawed.

Hi!

I don't know if it's because the new installer, because I didn't try before. But it has issues.

-The installer overrides already set settings. It always prompts the gui and tuner settings. Even if I don't change them the gui gets reset to default.

-portable mode is problematic. You select portable mode after you selected a path, and whether you want to update. If you do a portable installation, the next time you run it if you want to update, it wants to update the portable instance. You can't update the normal instance. So you need to run normal mode and find the pdvb folder. The gui settings get overwritten.

In my opinion it's not the best idea for the installer to have configuration options. Those should appear on startup, IF there's no configuration set. Or at least check whether the settings are present at the selected location and only show them if they aren't...

Also, in my opinion the installer should show "install" on the button instead of "next" when it will start installation.

Re: New installer

Prog wrote:1. Do you mean reset some old settings? In what configuration?

2. Yes. Path at first. Because need previous settings of installation.
-The settings that are shown during the installation. (GUI and such)

-Doesn't make sense to me. Just select portable or not first. If normal is selected than show the upgrade/new installation option. (read the install folder from wherever it's stored). If it's set to portable just loade .\ProgDVB as default with tje ability to select the folder so one can update a portable instance too. Why store the path to a portable instance and only allow to update that?