ProgDVB and TT-budget S2-3200

Hi,
for some versions 4.x and 5.x the scanning of dvb-s2 channels now works with progdvb. Even diseqc works when setting the diseqc mode to technotrend.
But I am still not able to get a picture on these s2 channels (dvb-s channels work find).
Tuning to the frequencies and locking onto the signal (green sign on the bottom left) works, but there is nothing visible. I tried different graph settings (and I have installed several h264 decoders) but there isn't even an error message when choosing a graph file with a decoder that isn't installed.
Is it only possible to decode s2 channels with the elecard version of progdvb? Or is decoding of s2/h264 channels not supported with progdvb yet?

Thanks
sinn3r

tt3200 & diseq & progdvb

I have the same card, but stiil not able to work with motor using diseq. What operation system do you use? I'm thinking about some drivers problem, because I use vista32bit and latest BDA drivers from Technotrend. Using 5.0.0.2 BDA beta drivers dont even power up the motor, activity indicator on motor is dead, but 4.4.18.10 BDA drivers powering the motor up, motor indicator is green, but I still can't move motor to any position using diceq, only buttons on motor are working.

Or is decoding of s2/h264 channels not supported with progdvb yet?
S2 is no code, it's a modulation mode.
That's demodulated, not decoded, by compatible tuners.
The only but serious issue for a DVB software is it had to control the tuner to switch between standard DVB-S and DVB-S2 demodulating,
And that's not included in BDA driver model, but hardware depending proprietary stuff, not known for most DVB-S2 cards and therefore not available in ProgDVB for those yet.

DiSEqC for BDA devices is exactly the same problem source, the stupid BDA system does not include DiSEqC at all, manufacturers use weird tricks to get around that limitations. Also hardware depending, of course...

h.264 is not an issue for ProgDVB itself, simply depends on codec and renderer stuff. This compression can be and is used both on DVB-s and DVB-S2, just a matter of data rate versus transmission cost calculation.

Motor control is a (peak) current issue in the first place, as most DVB cards' DC-DC converters simply aren't made to withstand that big loads.
Second issue is load capacity of the PCI slots, depending on the mainboard layout, there may be a severe additional power limitation.
Intelligent designers would attach a drive power connector to a motor compatible DVB card, as available on some hungry VGA cards, or even on my cheap slot saver USB2+FireWire+GbitLAN card, but I've never seen such on a DVB card yet...
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Regarding my posting above, I have to add, h.264 has gotten a ProgDVB related issue meanwhile, version dependent:
# Support High Definition TV include H.264/AVC (request Pofessional version)
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86

Auf Deutsch:

I just tested USALS (for EAST positions) and Diseqc 1.2 (for West because bug) with DVBviewer 3.8 using TT 3200 S2, and the motor (Stab HH120) work well, the card can drive motor without major problem (I have the same doubt as Juergen, before)
I have externaly powerized CI module : simple floppy disk power connector (maybe some mA in less)
But I dont understand, why ProgDVB std and Pro cant drive correctly simple switch 4x1 Diseqc 1.0 with this card (driver 4.4.10.18 ), when DVBviewer and MyTheatre can.

Juergen wrote:DiSEqC for BDA devices is exactly the same problem source, the stupid BDA system does not include DiSEqC at all, manufacturers use weird tricks to get around that limitations. Also hardware depending, of course...
Commercial software makers may be able to buy support information from the manufacturers and / or M$.
Perhaps together with an obligatory NDA...

That's all, folks :(
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch: