MIssing signal low ku band

Hi guys,
I am having a strange problem here, I am using skystar 2 with progdvb, I can't get any signal in the low ku band 10.7-11.7 but the high band is working fine.
here is what I tried, I changed the skystar 2 with a nexus-s and also changed the lnb and the problem is still the same.
I tried various satellite applications and the result is the same.
even the application that came with the card "technisat viewer" gave the same result!

now I am suspecting this could be something to do with windows xp ? has anyone had a problem like this ?

it makes no difference what application I use... none of them can get signal in low ku band, as I said even the original application can't get the low band.

I just can't understand it .. I changed the lnb, the card and still can't get the channels below around 11.7 Ghz mark.
I checked the dish with my friend's satellite box and it worked well, all low ku band was OK.

What kind of LNB do you have?
Any (position) switch involved?
How are all your LNB settings?
On european systems, normally are values are working as default.

Don't set option '2 ports switch by 22kHz' in LNB / DiSEqC settings, switch properties. Else that won't be available for band switching anymore.

To test if 22kHz (off) misfunction really is the cause of your trouble, try a manual transponder scan. Use an existing high band transponder, calculate transponder frequency minus LOF2 plus LOF1 and try to tune to that result.
If scanning the channels of that high band transponder then as well, 22kHz (off) failure in fact must be the problem. But if not, something else goes wrong.

Please don't forget to tell, what bird(s) you're on.

BTW, did you have to rescan with that STB of your friend, or change any settings?
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I have a SkyStar 2 using BDA drivers (standard no more works dont know why).
Bird is SES Astra over Canary Islands (19.2E, only partial transponder supported here)
It is a standard user-shared LNB, without switch nor DiSEqC.

Exactly transponders 11739.00 V and up.

Of course there is not a problem in the LNB or the antena or elsewhere, as with another DVB card, and with a STB, they works.

Technisat program also doesnt catch'up them.

Regards

What do you mean with
claunia wrote:a standard user-shared LNB
?

Universal twin / dual / quattro / quad or what else ?

So, how many ports, multiswitch involved, if so, mains powered or not?

What LOFs does it use?
If in doubt, read it's label.

What happens if you change the switch value to 11900 MHz or to 11550MHz?
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86

Auf Deutsch:

Hi,

Universal Twin LNB.
Label says:
Input: 9.75-10.6Ghz
N.F. 0.2dB
Input: 10.7-12.75Ghz
Output: 950-2150Mhz

If nothing of that is the LOF, the label doesn't say the LOF.

I can't say where do their twin cabled join, but it should be joined somewhere (I don't have access to the antenna amplificator panels today)

Changing switch to 11900Mhz gaves me access to transponders 11739 Mhz and up, but makes me lost 10847 Mhz (not so important as it only contains spare and interactive right now).

Changing switch to 11550Mhz regains me access to transponder 10847 but makes me lost 11739 and up.

Regards

...sounds completely weird :?

According the label, LOF values should be default. That's standard, indeed.

What is the brand of that LNB?
If it is a special Kathrein model, then a proprietary filter amplifier might provide all four transponder groups, for more than two users independently.
But if it not that one, no way for feeding the whole spectrum to more than two at the same time, whatever devices may follow.
So, how many user ports are fed?
And, are there any splitters or alike in use?

Besides, regarding that low transponder getting lost on changing switch value, that's merely impossible.
Something different must interfere, like a channel list bug, frequently changing the signal type selection to show, or a strange 22kHz off failure.
Or did you perhaps add a 22kHz switch in DiSEqC settings?
That's for 22kHz position switches only, as they still use in third world countries like death penalty addicted night time cities bombing USA :roll:
22kHz band switching does NOT show up in DiSEqC schematic, it's LNB internal.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

The brand is almost unreadable, I've tried it but the sun almost erased the label and is somewhat difficult to read.

I don't know if it has any amplificator, but I do know it feeds currently 6 users, and there are passive splitters.

I didn't used 22khz switch or diseqc settings.

And the low transponder getting lost, I just changed the default to 11900 and get the high transponders, changed to 11550 and lost that single transponder.

This means, you con't have enough LNB ports, to feed six receivers independently.
Suppose, most users have analogue receivers. On Astra 19.2, those only need low band.

To be able to change between low band and high band at any time, you've got to have access to both bands, without sharing a port with others.
It's impossible, to get low band and high band from the same LNB port at the same time. Splitters won't make things any better.
This situation is exactly, what multiswitches are made for.
But for full and independend access to all signals on a bird, both polarisations and both bands, you need either a Quattro LNB (four non switching outputs) and a multiswitch with enough output ports, or an LNB with integrated multiswitch, which are available for two (TWIN) or four (QUAD) or eight (OCTO) users.
This is a basic technical pronciple, not subject to discussion.
Not following this, always means, receivers would influence each other.
Unlogical behaviour will be the result...
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

Sorry I'm not sure I fully understood your message.

Just I can say you we are only 3 users in the building, one with two Philips DVB-S receivers, another one with one Philips DVB-S receiver and me with the Technisat SkyStar 2 and I'm the only one that does not receives all transponders at same time.

Regards

This must depend on the way your port is attached to the LNB.

A Twin resp. two output LNB can just feed two receivers independently. For more devices the LNB must have four outputs, at least.
A switch (band or polarisation or whatever) cannot have more than one state at a time.
Once you put 18 Volts on to an LNB port, it will only provide horizontal, and NO vertical channels on that port.
Same goes with 22kHz on, only high band, no low band then.

The band width of the Ku band is to high, to fit through a standard satellite cable, of the usual length of many meters. That's why band switching was introduced, which works by LOF (first stage down converter frequency) selection, controlled by 22kHz tone off or on.

You should start reading about satellite basics, but this is the wrong place for such, ProgDVB discussion only.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch: