Prolink Pixelview PlayTV 700 any good ?

Anyone with experience with progdvb + Prolink Pixelview PlayTV 700 ?

Im looking for a replacement for my SS2 (which is physically broken), i was quite pleased with it -although the driver could be a bit odd.. so i considered to just buy a new, but then i saw this budget card for about half price.. im just wondering if my cheapness will get me in trouble, so im asking if anyone has good/bad experience with progdvb and this particular card ?

It doesnt seem to be listed in supported cards directly, and im not sure if it actually has a decent working BDA driver. I found 1 other thread on this forum but it didnt give much information..

Im talking about this product:
http://www.prolink.com.tw/style/content ... 6&id=75353

Please let me know if you got anything good or bad to say about this combination.

Thank you in advance.

I decided to buy the card, and have been fiddling with it for 4 hours now.
Verdict:
cheap useless piece of junk

The manual is.. les than small
The cd has a driver package . which installs smooth though.
Then it has an OLD progdvb (4.45) which even crashes on my pc.. I fetched latest from progdvb and it started up. I scanned first lnb, and got a channellist as planned. Watching the channels isnt a pleasure though, there are alot of stuttering, breaks etc.. doesnt seem to be related to video codecs..

I tried scan the other LNB, this is where the real problems started. There are no obvious choice of device to select, there are 2 conexant dvbs devices, the manual doesnt really tell which to use, as they are from different vendors, but they both seem to work..or both fail.. I cant get it to switch over to the second LNB thru my simple diseqc switch..

edit: When i select properties for that particular BDA device, im advised to specify which card(chip) type it is, and conexant isnt listed there which might be the root to my problem.. Can someone confirm whether or not its supported ? The geniatech card listed on the main list, uses this chip, but im unable to use that as device..

Verdict:
for average quality and 1 lnb, you have a cheap working solution.
for anything else, buy something else.

If ever, you had to get DiSEqC running with the original software package, as in fact the M$ made BDA system is at least one source of your trouble.
ProgDVB itself cannot set BDA devices to work with DiSEqC, as this is not supported by BDA, and a hardware manufacturer would have to introduce some dirty proprietary tricks, to get a basic control for this.
Means, only that original package, that's not compiled by Prog himself, can possibly help, and after having done that, you might think about carefully and manually updating ProgDVB, from a fake installation into another folder, and only transferring exe and engine, and in case Prog's own modules like EPG, TXT etc.
Even then, channel lists aren't supposed to be compatible, so completely new scan(s) required.
And I don't believe in compatibility with 5.x or engine2 versions...

Normally the manufacturers should support that stuff, updates included, as they've got the pretty penny...

Else they had to provide Prog with full details on their DiSEqC handling, at least, to get fully supported here.

BTW, I'm informed Prog agreed with Geniatech to use his software, but no idea on that other one...
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

As i first wrote, the original software crashed my pc. I looked into the geniatech thing,and realised this card is 99.999% identical to the digistar model , and also managed to get it running now using genitech.device instead of bda.
I had to go thru a bunch of other problems, like the msdvbnp.ax , but thats a sidenote..

but.. i still cant switch LNB !! :(

The first lnb works ok, but regardless of the settings, i cant get it to switch onto the second LNB

:-( i just had a normal reciever attached and it works, my old skystar2 card can also switch it..

Its a traditional 2->1 diseqc switch version: 1,2

I still havent figured out what exactly the "identify by frequence / lnb" does in the progdvb/diseqc settings, but i have tried all combinations.

Any tips for this ?

If wanting to use DiSEqC with that device, you had to make the original or Geniatech software package work from their installers, as that's the only chance, to use DiSEqC on BDA devices and ProgDVB.

ProgDVB alone can't do that, regardless of the device you would select, as that's totally proprietary stuff, non public and hidden deeply inside of the installers.

Clear enough now ? ? ?

If DiSEqC is not working due to stupid driver model limitations, all the 'distinguish by' settings also are useless.
Basically, that options are required by Eutelsat, the makers of DiSEqC, to enable DiSEqC to also control polarisation and band switching, by this preparing to drop off the legacy controls for those in future.
If implemented correctly, that controls should not matter in any way on today's equipment.
If implemented incorrectly, they might perhaps matter somehow, and the user would have to find out...
In case, that could be done quite easily, as there are just four possible combinations in total...
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>