Possible support for azurewave 1028? SE-200

Hi, i was wondering if it were possible to add support to progdvb any version for the azurewave 1028 card,
as of right now when i select in card options azurewave in vista, i get windows blue screen of death and memory dump..

only reason i select it is becuase i was hoping it would help me work diseqc, as right now, it doesn't switch diseqc proprely.

That device does not have options.

However, for BDA cards, DiSEqC is not natively supported by the inventor of that stupid architecture.
If any possible, the original software products have to use proprietary tricks to bypass the driver, and those aren't made public, due to non disclosure agreements with M§. And those are very hardware specific.
So, if 3rd party software authors want to share that tricks, they have to either buy that knowledge and by this introduce several other nasty limitations, or find their own hack...

BTW, never go for M$ OS before at least the first service pack is out and working...

Many software products still aren't working well and others don't at all under Fista, which normally should still be declared as early beta state...

Well, at least BSOD is still supported :roll:
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Only Twinhan will know...

There's no technical reason for this, definitely, as there's not a thing in the world, that could be done with BDA but not with WDM, exept of preventing you from some access to hardware features and benefits...

But in fact the intention of the BDA system is, to provide more reliable user and software restrictions, to enable content protection more easily and effectively, like forcing acceptance of a broadcast flag, by this forbidding recording or even time shifting, for example...
Nasty stuff like that was created by Micr*s*ft, but originally initiated by the film industry.

As you will know, there are some manufacturers, that do provide both kinds of drivers, so such limitations surely are not a must (yet). Specially as making BDA drivers requires expensive lincencing, and by this accepting some non disclosure agreements, that whole thing is not making sense from my point of view.

Well, trying to think global, I'm getting the idea, one day people trying to record or decrypt without permission, will be handled as terrorists...
Modern Wind*ws in the first place is a restriction and talk back engine with a colourful GUI attached, intended to allow to surveil, protocol, blame and accuse people, from my point of view.

This for, I will NOT go for anything more modern than Win98SE (and occasionally Win2k for testing), from them, even if there may be more and more nice cheap hardware I could not use then.

And so I'm finding the real future progress being penguin style, open source and much more trustworthy and democratic...
It's time for real alternatives to proprietary M§ stuff..

Well, it seems, I'm looking like getting slightly off topic here, but as TV is about life style and part of all our lifes, and freedom of information surely is essential, even such side aspects do matter in the end, for everyone.

So again, only the manufacturers may know why...
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86

Auf Deutsch:

well that really sucks..
stupid drm bull shietttt.

but since the linux drivers seem to be out.. and most of everything in linux is open source.. couldn't someone port some drivers over to windows? since they know more or less how cards work from linux drivers?

i would do it, but i'm too lazy to learn how to code hardware level drivers.. and i hate assembly.

By the way,
i dont want crazy support.
i just want some sort of support.
because in progdvb, you can select azurewave/twinhan bda driver when installing... except it doesn't seem to support the new pci-e 1028 card
because when i select it, i get blue screen of death.. but i think it works for the other twinhan bda cards.. so i think its possble to add support to next version?

I'm sure, Prog is doing what he can, but it seems, he does not yet have enough technical details do do so.
We all do know, he wants to support as many cards and sticks as any possible...
But there's no way of enforcing such progress :?
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

well if he needs technical details.. i could send him some i guess? not sure what though.
i'm not the type to just complain and not want to help...
if theres anything i can do to help add support to 1028 se-200 i'd be glad to.

alphaz wrote:well if he needs technical details.. i could send him some
You won't have those.
This is about direct hardware addressing, registers, possibly hidden firmware functions and alike, things only a manufacturer might get to know, if provoided by chipset developers...
And even then, such details may only be availabe under NDA.

sedative wrote:i dont understand. it says on the www.twinhan.com site that it works with ProgDVB. AND IT DOESNT. i bought it for this purpose. false advertisement?
What exactly do they tell for your card model?
Of course they are reponsible for such promises, but this may even depend on one or some ProgDVB versions. Also possible the device file required was only included with some older ProgDVB versions, or even a special one provided by them.
And surely this will also depend on the dirver versiopn and perhaps type (WDM or BDA).
There's more than one Twinhan model, and some are working with ProgDVB for sure. But any later model may behave different...
So, the exact card model DOES matter.
And of course you should have given full details on what exactly happened when you tried.
No details - no chance to help...

My magic crystal ball is out for polishing...
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

this really bites..
i tried emailing twinhan for fun. support@twinhan.com rejected receipient because email does not exist.. lol...
well i guess this sucks alot... hehe juergen, i don't suppose
prog is in contact with people at twinhan? so that he could get the details for this 1028 card? ... one can only hope and pray..

blah.

Surely Prog must have had some contact once.
But I don't know any details on this, not even, if your card already existed then, with whatever branding....
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

well i bought the card (AD-SE 200) and i installed it using the drivers that i came with. then i downloaded ProgDVB and i selected the azurewave/twinhan device. when i start progdvb i get a run graph error or something and then a device not started or something. i know its installed properly..i dont know what to do now

"or something" is not implemented with ProgDVB, or with computer logics in general, at all.

A graph cannot work as long as the signal sources aren't available due to device not found.

From http://progdvb.com :

At the present moment work on DVB-S,DVB-S2,DVB-T and DVB-C cards these manufactures:
-/-
* Azurewave (TwinHan) (VP-1027, VP-1034, VP-1041,... ).
-/-
* Cards with BDA driver (With some cards problems are possible)
Your card model is not listed explicitely yet, so it seems, the last line is valid up to now...

I simply don't know, if Prog will once be a able to support that card, but I beleive he's doing what he can, on several new models.

Wait and see, that's all I can tell for now.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch: