Have the card up & running with Prodvb but my
problem is that i want to run it in Hardmode but when i do
i cannot get any sound.
But i can run it in softmode with sound but the picture is
very dark and i cannot change the brightness in softmode

Any ideas

Tnx in advance

Bison...

Perhaps your hardware cable card also needs an analogue audio connection, like the satellite SS1 do.
Read it's manual.
Also check it's TV out and external audio.
If using an aqnaolg connection to the sound card, that input must be active for the playback mixer, un-muted and level up.

Before going to HW mode, make sure to deselect 'audio over filter'.

Which driver version do you use, exactly?

However, in software mode, video adjusting is a matter of the codec only.
Check it's properties.
Your VGA card may also have their own settings for overlay video.
The video settings in ProgDVB are for (true) HW mode only.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

C2300

Juergen thank you very much for your reply.

I have connected an audio cable from the card to my sound card
but for some reason Progdvb does not see my Cmedia onboard
soundcard when i click Sb Card in audio & video settings

Driver Version is 2.19H

I should also mention that i have the SS1 Dvb-s installed as well
Bison...

ProgDVB does not have to see the sound card.
This is only meant to allow changing from SS! hardware volume control to that of a port of a soundblaster compatible.
If not available, ProgDVB volume control effects the SS1 hardware directly.

Make sure, the audio port of the DVB card is an output and not a through port, like for internal CD port sharing.
Don't have your card type here, but my old Galaxis-S SS1 had both kinds of internel (molex) connectors on it.
So, if having connected analog audio according to your manual, you should use windows audio mixer (supposingly the variety your sound card driver installed over it), to
- display in playback mixer
- activate
- adjust
the audio input port you have connected the cable to.

Just the same way if you wanted to play - not record - any other analog audio source through your sound card.

If not sure, try to feed the CD analog audio signal to the internal port of the xound card you would like to use, for a first test with a normal audio CD. Analog playback, of course.
If going for an external one, feed it with some external signal to test, like from the headphones connector of your MP3 player oe alike.

Normally, sound cards provide a variety of adequate audio inputs, internal and external, like CD, Aux, Line...
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

hi,
i have the same card and a similar problem, so i didnt want to create a new thread.

well, i wanna use HWmode too, but when i do, i have good sound but my video looks like crap. everytime there is a little motion in the vid, the picture looks like wind is blowing through it :)
the sound is fine, with a connected analog audio cable.

when i use SWmode the picture is good but the sound is "mono". i only hear it from the front speakers, not the rear ones. when i connect the analog audio cable and put it in my Line In (soundcard) i hear surround sound BUT also the mono sound from the audio of my 2300. apart from that there is some kind of delay. i hear the audio earlier than the actual video. its async.
BUT the "mono" sound is synced correctly, when i compare the audio with the video.

so, is there a way to get the HWmode running with a good picture and sound? i mean in HW mode alone the sound is fine (connected analog cable) but the picture is crap.

i use the 2.19h drivers.

yes, i tried it, but i got the same results.

im using ProgDVB5.12.9Pro.

ProgDVB4.88.9Pro doesnt work for me, because it wont scan any channels or frequencies. i dont know why. i did everything as in 5.x bt there i cant scan because there is "nothing".