Old Telemann sm200D (SM200DPA) card with ProgDVB 4.88.3

I have got ProgDVB 4.88.3 running on an old P-II 350 MegaHz. under Win2000.
I have an old Telemann sm200D (SM200DPA) card.
It is still running the old driver (V1.00), firmware (V1.02) and application (1.02)
I cannot seem to get the updated 1.11 drivers from the Telemann website anymore.
1. Can you point me to a current location please?

I have moved and renamed the sm200D dll as Sky300.dll. ProgDVB recognises the card after rebooting the program once, occasionally twice. I then use DiSEqC to add a known MPEG 2 stream to the recognised card. The LNB is also recognised.

When I go to Channel Search however, I do not achieve "LOCK" on a previous Telemann Application verified, locking and high quality signal.

Could you recommend an older version of Prog DVB, with the updated 1.11 card drivers please, or do I have to fall back onto Windows 98SE where the card was working previously (with a very old ProgDVB version I no longer have!) ?

Thanks for any help offered.
David :)
All Science is either Physics or Stamp Collecting
- Ernest Rutherford

Re: Old Telemann sm200D (SM200DPA) card with ProgDVB 4.88.3

Hi Ken,

With Telemann's native App, and IHUG's old setup App (new settings), I get good Lock and Quality for Sky Tower (a lan Satellite type feed) using
LO 11000, Transponder frequency of 12338 MHz, Symbol rate 27.5 MSymb and Vertical Polarity.

What I then did was setup a new Transponder file 0010.ini with the following data:

[SATTYPE]
1=0010
2=Skytower

[DVB]
0=1
1=12338,V,27500

I don't have any PID data to load, but on doing a Chanel Search for Skytower, it starts scanning but always reports "Sky_TunerLockTest Error"

Where can I get the PID info from locally, will it always fail to lock without PID info because "scanning" was never fixed maybe?

At the moment I have 2 other unmounted Sat dishes (without mounting hardware, so am relying on a Skytower Dish test to check out the card.
Can't just go out get the heavier mounting Hd/wr either (Don't ask!)

Cheers
David
- Ernest Rutherford

Telemann Tuning

Hi David

I think your 350mhz is pushing the requirement too far - I have Win XP running with my Telemann and ProgDVB on a 2200+ Athlon with 640 megs of ram and it runs 44 - 52% cpu on the task manager with ProgDVB running on the Telemann data stream. I multi task it a lot but it does stutter from time to time. The video card is an old ATI AIW 7500 PCI 64 meg. I have a lot of PC's, this is my junk knockabout unit - actually its from the last Point Chevalier inorganic roadside junk.

Have a look here - from Rust:

http://www.drobinson.com.au/winxptelema ... igsoftware

I copied that and it worked like a charm!!

Also The latest Telemann driver is here:
http://www.telemann.com/datadown/sm200d ... 02-W2k.zip

But I think you still need the sm300.Device file to put in the PprogDVB /modles file so that the ProgDVB will list in the ProgDVB device window to load the Telemann card, Note all these links are from Rust:
http://skymedia.vinet.ru/get.php?sm300xp

Also from Rust have a read and check forum here:
http://www.pliggdigg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1875

cheers Ken :D

Ken,

Many thanks for the info - I'll take a deep breath and review all the info
and reinstall, reconfigure blah,blah blah.

One other thing of usefulness I found was a large collection of DVB tools all packaged up for PROGDVB users. Take a look at:

www.dvbonline.net/download.php?view.145

Download 'ProgDVB plugins by den78 ver. 5.8' (At your own risk ?)

All incredibly useful s/w (deleting the ? WHAT ? stuff) with update tools etc.
Don't think my PC is upto it all - there's a separate PID scanner in there somewhere also.

By the way - I also get some stuff from inorganics collections around Westmere AK etc. It's amazing what some people throw out these days
It hurts the old computer engineer within...such a waste of good hardware

Cheers
David

Cheers
David
- Ernest Rutherford