Re: Black TV-Screen on PC with Hauppauge DEC 2000

Rolfi112 wrote:Hi,
I've installed ProgDVB 5.12.2 with the Hauppauge DEC 2000 or 3000 DVB card module for ProgDVB. version 1.08 beta Module to get it running with my DEC 2000 stand alone SAT receiver. It works in principle, i can operate the DEC2000, receive channel-list, watch channel on my TV, but not on my PC screen, the TV-screen there stays black. I also tried several DirectShow and VideoRender settings, it doesn't make any changes.

any idea, what i can do?
Hello !
J have exactly the same problem, but with Hauppauge Win tv -nexus-S
and with a video AGP card ATI X1650 pro.
Recording are ok, all ok except viewing on screen lcd of my PC.
I try vga out and dvi out, but nothing.
If I change my video card with an old ATI radeon 7000, all is OK ! ! !
I have too an AVERMEDIA card for TNT and with it all is ok both two cards!
Have you an idea because i just bouht Progdvb 5.12.04 on december 5 2007 for 35.69 € an if not running is not very well !
I hope some helping
All the best
Alysee2005

What mainboard chipset do you have?

Don't know your VGA card model, but if it comes with a dual head function, maybe overlay video would only work on a display that's declared primary. Check ATI graphics (more...) settings for overlay / clone mode and display (tab), possibly even theatre mode..
Using a Radeon 9250 here, also had similar issues in the beginning, due to active monitor port being the secondary on first time use.

But if perhaps your Radeon uses a PCI-e GPU on an AGP bridge chip, you may even have a hardware overlay issue like some people with PCI-e cards and some mainboards.
Try surface mode then, or use the special TT KS driver (from TT 2.19c) for PCI-e systems, to force SW decoding for the PC screen even in HW mode, or use SW mode.

I've split this from the original thread in modules section and moved over here, as it's hardware related and did not fit the old thread.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Juergen wrote:What mainboard chipset do you have?
It is INTEL 845 PE

I try surface mode and Ihave picture but not hz syncro !
If i sweep the window picture with my mouse, I see picture and the picture is frozen when I stop to move the mouse...is very strange.

My powercolor x1650 is as radeon x1650 is the same chip ATI en mine is on AGP 4x.

Don't know your VGA card model, but if it comes with a dual head function, maybe overlay video would only work on a display that's declared primary. Check ATI graphics (more...) settings for overlay / clone mode and display (tab), possibly even theatre mode..
Using a Radeon 9250 here, also had similar issues in the beginning, due to active monitor port being the secondary on first time use.

But if perhaps your Radeon uses a PCI-e GPU on an AGP bridge chip, you may even have a hardware overlay issue like some people with PCI-e cards and some mainboards.
Try surface mode then, or use the special TT KS driver (from TT 2.19c) for PCI-e systems, to force SW decoding for the PC screen even in HW mode, or use SW mode.

I've split this from the original thread in modules section and moved over here, as it's hardware related and did not fit the old thread.

Check device options, activate 'software scaling'.

Your mainboard should be OK, as I am using an intel 845G over here. ATI VGA chips should be fine on it, if the driver is correct. Perhaps get the latest one from ATI (not the CD or Windows Update).
And again, make sure to set the port in use to primary. It may be necessary, to (reboot and) temporarily connect a second display or just force a standard TV, to get access to primary / secondary setting.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>