Version 4.88.4 WRECKED my TV-card !!!

Version 4.88.4 of this freeware somehow WRECKED my new Hauppauge HVR-3000 card !!!!!!! Using the DVB-T device it found all channels, but when I tried to start the DVB-S device inside the Options the program gave some error message, hung and could not be terminated by the task manager. After this, even the Hauppauge Software WinTV did not display any picture anymore! Before everything worked fine! I only wanted to find out, what ProgDVB can do.

I tried several restarts also with disconnecting the power cable off the PC, unpugged the card from PCI bus, plugged it back in, re-installed the drivers, restored a Windows-backup-image from before I installed the card the first time and re-installed the drivers & software again - no sucess. The card IS broken!!! I have to send it back now!!!

ProgDVB does not touch any device directly, it connects over the device file to the driver.
As it does not even have to load a firmware for that hardware this way, there should be no other way, to damage it in any way, than by a bad driver.
And that's not made by Prog.

However, something nasty may have happened to some of your Windows components, like DirectX, a codec, a part of the VGA driver or similar.

Besides, this may also be 'just' a temporal coincidence.

Best to do would surely be, to test again on another machine, or on a fresh Windows, perhaps on another hard disk (to avoid losing anyfhing on testing)..
Some error message
... might have been of some importance...
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>