Geniatech USB Satbox

Hi all,
I have a Geniatech Satbox usb dvb-s device running on Geniatech dvbs driver.
I am unable to get all FTA channels on Nilesat on diseqc Port B.
I get these on my technisat satellite receiver connected the tv.
I've tried different versions of ProgDVB (4..88 & 5.12.5), and surprisingly, I get different sets of channels (some common) with different versions !!!

Would anyone help me with this please..
Thanks in Advance..

& HAPPY NEW YEAR..

AFAIK, DiSEqC would not work natively on ProgDVB (free version) for this (BDA driven) device.
So, perhaps the switch state will stay as left by the original software (package), that's not a standard version of ProgDVB, but modified by a custom installer and routines. Geniatech are using some proprietary stuff on this.
Perhaps install the original package twice into different folders, make sure both are working, update only one of them with a later ProgDVB version.
Keep a copy of the original ProgDVB.ini, for comparison or exchanging.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Sorry for the delayed response. For some reason, could not get into http://forum2.progdvb.com.

Thanks much for the quick response.

I tried with the progDVB s/w that came in the package, and I got another surprise. With the normal satellite receiver connected to the TV, I receive Nilesat on Port A of the Diseqc, but on the USB Satbox, I get the channels all french not even listed on Nilesat 101/102 and No arab channels(MBC)!!! in Port B !!!!

I shall try the method suggested for upgrading.

Thanks once again.

Sanjo.

The Geniatech software package is not getting updated by them.
This for, the transponder lists are not up-to-date.
Of course that's the same with every older software package from any source.
They are only included, to enable you getting started easily.

Check http://joshyfun.peque.org/
--> 'Satellite transponders around the world in Technotrend *.INI format'

DVB applications use that transponder lists for scanning.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86

Auf Deutsch:

a different problem?

Hi,
I've updated the transponder list. The issue I believe is not that.
Even with no diseqc, when scanned for channels on correct frequencies (set as I get on my normal satellite receiver on to TV) on satellite INSAT2E/3B, I get only few channels. On certain frequencies, I get no channels at all, whereas I'm able to get it on my normal satellite receiver + TV.
Could there be a problem with the device?
Awaiting experts advice.

Sanjo.

Details rule.

What frequencies are not working on that birds?

You could have helped me quite a bit if mentioning the position of that satellites, 83°E.

Are you talking about C band or Ku band transponders?
What band is your LNB for, so what transponders do you get?
What dish size and type, what's your location, referring to the footprints?
Find details at lyngsat.com

Of course, there's a chance, DiSEqC is not working with your current installation for the geniatech. Temporarily connect the 2nd LNB directly to test on it.
The original software package should be able to do DiSEqC.
Test this completely, then perhaps update it's transponder lists.

If not working, contact the vendor, please.
You have paid him, they tell DiSEqC would work...

For later updates, don't uninstall the original version, install a new version into a different folder, perhaps over a full copy of the original one, as told before.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

Root Cause if problem found.

Hi
I found some fine print in the manual which said " Power to STB has to be turned off" for "some channels not received" issue under trouble shoot guide.
Since I live in a flat and use probably a shared dish with STB on which I have no control, I took it out to my firends place whi has his own dish/ LNB and found I could get all channels.
I am not sure if there is any round about way for this.

Honestly, this is my first experience where I found people who extend help at the right time.
Thanks to all, for their quick response.

Sanjo.

In fact it's normal, to not have full switching control, if not using an LNB port alone. This is valid for both of you.
If one receiver puts 18 Volts (for horizontal) to the line, the other one can not get vertical.
if one puts 22 kHz signal (for high band) to the line, the other can't get low band, of course.
both kinds of signalling have continuous state.
On a dish set with DiSEqC position switchuing it's even more complicated, as that switch state can canged by both and at any time, but of course is effecting both as well.

Sharing an LNB line only makes sense, if you are only using one tuner at a time. The one with the LNB loop in it must be in standby, to let the other one control. So only good for a single user.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

Getting Weird

Hi
This is getting more weird...
I thought it was the limitation of Geniatech Satbox device itself by which I cannot receive all channels on the Satellite.
I have a Newmi DVB-s device which works perfectly fine (has own s/w, not on progDVB) under the same situation, getting all channels as my satellite receiver connected to TV.
I have two separate connections from the STB for my satellite receiver connected to TV and USB DVB device on PC.\

Setup On Receiver connected to TV.
Type :Fixed (options Fixed/DiSEqC1.2/USALS)
Univ.LNB : No
LNB Freq1 : 05150
LNB Freq2 : 09750
0/12 Volt : None
22KHz Tone: None
DiSEqC : None
C/Ku Band Cntrl: None
Satellite : Insat 2E, 3B
3643, 19531, V Channels - Asianet, Asianet Plus, Asianet News, Jeevan TV,
3679, 05929, V Channels - Amrita TV,
3846, 26043, V Channels - Kairali, Kairali We, Kairali People

Setup On ProgDVB using Geniatech USB SatBox DVB-S device.

DiSEqC : None
LNB Type : Circular
LNB 1 : 05150

Satellite : Insat 2E, 3B

3643, 19531, V Channels - Asianet, Asianet Plus, Asianet News, Jeevan TV
3679, 05929, V Channels - Amrita TV,

unable to receive on SatBox
3846, 26043, V Channels - Kairali, Kairali We, Kairali People
Above channels are received on Newmi DVB-s Device on its own software.

Sanjo.

two separate connections from the STB for my satellite receiver connected to TV and USB DVB device on PC
You mean, from (Twin, Quad or similar) LNB to STB (Set Top Box = receiver) and to PC tuner, do you?

Look at the (self scanned) channel list, have it grouped by transponder, finds out, if the missing ones are having somethin in common, as all horizontals over 11700 or alike.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch: