High/Low Switch on Cinergy 1200

I have a Cinergy 1200 DVB-S and the Terratec BDA-Drivers installed.

My Problem is, that the High/Low switching does not really work
Channels on Transponders over 11,7GHz are N/A
i can reach channels on 11,72GHz by setting the switchpoint to 11,8GHz an though preventing ProgDVB from switching to HIGH
but channels at 12,7GHz naturally unreachable

Im using a 80cm Dish which is far oversized in Germany
trying to reach Astra 19.2°
have a Invacom QDH-031 installed
and 2 other receivers have a good signal (one TwinTuner PVR-8000 and another Budget DVB-S receiver).

hmmm ok
what bothers me more is the fact, that the problm only exists during sunshine
after sunset the signal is just fine and switching seems to work
maybe i'll try a budget 30€ quad (but I'll cry for the "high tech invacom model)

increase of the value ends in bad signal
but even 3mhz lower where no problem

so I'll have to wait for the next sunrise for a result :) 0740 it the moment I'll wait for :)

thx for the perfect support :9

that quick, even on sunday :)

Temperature may cause the local oscillators of your LNB to drive away a little bit, though normally the AFC circuits of your tuner should be able to compensate.
But sometimes, LNB oscillators aren't perfectly adjusted by the manufacturer, or they are driving off due to ageing.
If all offsets, like misalignment, temperature drift, possible deviation of tuner's internal clock reference, add up into the same direction by incidence, your tuner may fail to lock. Rare but possible...

Allow the LNB to warm up for a few minutes, before changing anything.

Try a manual transponder scan, detune manually in steps of 1 MHz into both directions, find the centre of the hold range this way.
Should be within of a +/- 5 MHz range for normal transponders, or either your transponder list or the LNB is supposed to be bad...
On SCPC signals, the hold range may be far smaller.
But there aren't any of those on 19.2E.

Dish size of 80 cm is a good idea in Germany, to provide enough headroom for really bad weather.
I am 'grilling' my LNB with a 1m monster over here.
Rock steady, even if the cable provider already loses contact...

The offset from the nominal transponder frequency is the value you have to correct the LOF in use for, into the opposite direction.
Means, if you have to detune a high band channel for 2 MHz up from nominal, don't store, change LOF 2 for 2 MHz down. This will effect all transponders, that are using LOF 2 on that LNB.
Then scan again.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

LOF2 -2MHz did the job
it is now working fine even at sunshine

thx to everyone :)

the problem might be aging because it is now 6 years old or the heat (it is in dark grey housing)
but all in all the LNB us superb even just a simple setup of orientation makes it able to give a perfect signla
I wonder, why all the other receivers in our house are not affected

Well, AFC efficiency is hardware depending, STBs don't suffer from space or power limitations that much. The smaller the board and / or power supply, the more tricky the circuitry must be...

And, if somehow being close to any digital limit, almost anything in the world may pull the trigger, moon phase or personal temper included. Just think of the nasty old bitch named Windows, quite often requiring to be given lots of bad names or to be knocked right onto the nasty screen or keyboard, to again work for a while... :roll:

Just joking, of course ;)
Don't beat innocent computers, please..
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>