Nexus CA/Cable TV does not find most

In my System ProgDVB only finds 3 TV Stations and about 15 Radio Stations and I can't find out what Im doing wrong. Missing nearly all austrian and german TV Stations. I did make a blind search over all frequences and modulations without good resulsts. Any help appreciated.

Yours sincearly
Emmerich

Did you try with the original software from hauppauge or Technotrend?

Some cable networks may have unusual data rates.
This may irritate the blind search.
Try to get technical parameters from your provider or compare with a receiver at your neighbours.

Are you sure to have full access to digital cable services?
Over here, I don't get proper signals on DVB-C, as I did not subscribe for cable and therefore only get some basic analogue local stations as a substitute for a roof antenna system, that does not exist. My cable is badly filtered in the building's distribution box...
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Thx for your answer

Yes did try with original SW and another Third party product and this works fine there. Even did try it with neweset version of ProgDVB and version 4.6.2.6 with same results. I checked the frequency/QAM and Modification to make sure ProgDVB will scan this regions but did not find most of the stations.

This is important to know.
Means, the hardware is OK. Ans so should be the driver.

Now, please try ,to tune and scan at least one of the missing transponders manually for each QAM in use, with the same data the original application uses.
If no success, try to detune up and down in little steps of e.g. 250 kHz. This is to find out, if ProgDVB might perhaps need some help on fine tuning. Watch L & Q during this.

In some cable networks, a few or even all frequencies may have a little offset for interference reasons, by this requiring a slightly modified transponder list. Editor rules...
But it's also possible, ProgDVB may have issues with AFC.
You may as well try some older version(s) of ProgDVB, with Engine 1 or even before that, to compare.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86

Auf Deutsch:

Checked manual find - results

I checked manual transponder scan. As example I tried to find following station:
ORF1, Freq. 32000kHz, Symbolrate 6900, Pol. Horizontal, Qam 64, Modulation DVB-S, Modulationtype QPSK
I tied to find it with ProgDVB from 321000 to 323000 with 250k steps, Signal level about 70%, Quality didnt show anyhting so I assume zero. As mentioned I can see this Station on original Hauppage Software and on other third party programs but not on ProgDVB. Would be glad if you can help.

Thx
Emmerich

Do you get any other transponder with exactly this data rate and QAM (if exists)?
Else you may have some issues with either of those parameters.

Also try to set a little below, like from 318 000 upwards to 322 000. Anything changing on L & Q then?

Do the working stations have anything in common?
Like all on one frequency, or all below 200 MHz or all QAM64 (but failing ones are all QAM256) or anything else
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

Dates working stations

At first many thx for your support :-)
Yes u right, I only found stations with 425 MHz, nothing else. I did make a blind search from 360 to 365 step 1 MHz to try to find ORF1 (362000 6900 Audio 161 Video 160 AC3 163 PCR 160 MHP 0 QAM 64) manually but found nothing. I did try to add a station manually for ORF1 but maybe I did something wrong because I only did see a diskette symbol for the new station, but screen stayd dark with no sound.
After that I deinstalled, cleaned registry and Files, and reinstalled ProgDVB last version in Sky Star over TT Hard mode, at the question for transponder I decided to use transponder cable (DVB-C) and retried the blind searches again, same result.

Once again, you will find necessary parameters for all working transponders in the original software.
Write them down, with ALL parameters, frequency, symbol rate, QAM mode...
QPSK is for satellite, not cable.

When having got (some) good transponder data from the original software's scanning interface (used manually), edit the transponder file used in ProgDVB, to fit to that data.

Then go search transponder, select one of the known correct transponders.
Now you should first look at L & Q, to notice, if you are getting a lock.

A diskette symbol in the channel list means, no audio and video IDs are stored. Radio symbol means, Audio but no Video.
Check channel properties then...
Zero stands for no entry there.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

Still no Results

At frist I copied the transponder ini files from a software working to the ProgDVB transponder Files. I have to say I dont understand how the transponder Files interact with a blind scan or manual scan, but even tried it and startet a new Blind scan, still same results. Then I went to Scan transponder and set frequency, Symbolrate and QAM Rate to a known station. Then I stepped 3 MHz up and down in 250k steps. I got level over 40%, most time over 70% for all of these tries, but quality line showed zero the whole time. On each of this steps I pressed the lock button and scan button, but did find nothing.

I really can't understand why this software dont find other frequencies than 426kHz, do you think I could done anything wrong at installation? Its a frequency in the middle of the stations all other progs did find, not the upper nor the lower end..

Thx for your patience with me :-)
Emmerich

Did not test the blind scanner over here, would not really be a good idea, to test that on satellite.

But that routine surely is not using the transponder list. And I am convinced, it will not be able to try on each possible combination of frequency, symbol rate, QAM, spectral inversion on and off and alike.

So a suitable transponder list should still be necessary.
With this you can use the normal 'channel search', and it gives parameters for the 'scan transponder' function as well.

However, such a 90+% no signal lock problem is very strange. Perhaps try to change the spectral inversion flag.
My signature:

Please read here:
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

Auf Deutsch:

Set stations manually

At least I did figure out to set some of the missijng stations manually, but nothing on screen, Signal level 80% but quality zero. On searching blind or scanning a transponder I see no way to set stectral inversion on or off, but manually I did set it to on or off wihtout any results. So I think I stop it now. Many thx for your help.

Yours
Emmerich Brekalitsch