Skystar USB 2 Remote Control

Hallo,

Anybody knows how to get the Remote Control of the Technisat Skystar USB 2 working in ProgDVB?
The Remote Control isn't shown in HID, it's recognized with the whole card as an networkadapter (? I've got a german XP).
It's working fine with DVBViewer and the SkystarIr.exe shows that there's a signal.

thx for help
Sargent_salty

Re: .

Prog wrote:Is it winlirc protocol?
it has driver in firmware, it is not 100% compatible as an old serial winlirc (TTS35Al). It works in DVBviewer, all buttons do not have signal in ProgDVB, it means sometime has signal, but not 100% buttons.
Last edited by koderx on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sry, but what's API?
but the Control isn't shown in HID.

Isn't there something as n Plug-in, etc.? Or is the only solution buy a seperate IR Control? Or other ways?

@Koderx: In my way, it doesn't recognize any button...

You may have to teach in the handset keys as keyboard controls, as HID usually emulates a keyboard.
Just like a USB keyboard would ;)
But HID controls aren't identical between IR devices.
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Ok,
So I had to go to setting -> controls. Now I click, for example on Mute. An teach a new Keyboard Key (Not Remote Control, right? ) and Press instead a key on the keyboard a key on the remote control?
-> That's not working with every button on my remote control.

But i wouldn't understand why this should work, because my Remote Control ISN'T Shown in HID, it's combinend with the SkyStar USB 2 in Network.
Perhaps i havn't understand it 100%, an somebody can explain it for me little easier / more detailed :wink:

thx
Sargent_Salty

Of course it's up to manufacturers and chip designers to decide how a remote would work.
And the main problem for 3rd party software authors often is, solutions not being documented or documentation not available in public.

However, if a lot of your keys are working, would it be possible then, to rearrange those as keyboard controls, in ProgDVB?

And what functions are the non working keys originally meant for, exactly?

This all is about computer logics.
So let's try to go systematic, avoid arguments that don't fit logics, like 'some' or 'not every'...

Like over here, as using a Philips compatible RC5 remote for the SS1 (that's what the 'remote' controls section in ProgDVB is only meant for), I had to learn, that remote type comes with additional keys for VCR, that in fact address a different device type, VCR 1 instead of TV 1.
Might still be patched with a LIRC / girder solution, but only if using another IR receiver than the internally connected one.

May as well be some way similar in your case.

Prog does not have each and every device in the world, to test with.
So, sometimes he just needs any available extra knowledge, to get things working (better), including user feedback with as many precise details as ever possible. Into the deep...
My signature:

Please read here:
On Bug Reports And Other Complaints
and there:
BOARD RULES - READ THIS!

I don't give support by e-mail or PM.

And I will never assist on PayTV hacking.
PM ME FOR THIS AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY, WITHOUT ANY WARNING!!!

NEVER EVER DARE TO CONTACT ME FOR PRO VERSION ISSUES!
I am not responsible for that.
Check the 'Activation' section.

Please keep it in English here, or Russian in the Russian section, or German in the German section.

I don't read nor write Klingonian or any other language than English and German.
Addressing me personally in any exotic language will be treated as severe insulting! Be warned!!!

1.)AMD Phenom II x4 940, GA-MA770-UD3, 8 GB DDR2-6400. 7 Pro SP1 x64 + XP Pro SP3 x86
DVB-S2: Cynergy S2 USB HD
2.)P4 3200 i865G (F-S Scenic W600pwr) XP Pro SP3
DVB-S: hauppauge WinTV Nexus-S rev. 2.2, driver TT 2.19h, hardware mode

19.2°,13°,28.x°E,30°W, DiSEqC 1.0

Auf Deutsch:
DVB-Cube <<< Das deutsche DVB-Forum >>>

Juergen wrote: However, if a lot of your keys are working, would it be possible then, to rearrange those as keyboard controls, in ProgDVB?

And what functions are the non working keys originally meant for, exactly?
Sorry, I think I said it wrong, my mistake (bad english :oops: )

when I Said
Sargent_Salty wrote: -> That's not working with every button on my remote control.
I meant, that no key works in ProgDVB, so it doesn't matter which key I press on my Remote Control, ProgDVB will recognize non of them.
So I think i had not enough background knowledge to find a good solution for ProgDVB and not enough freetime to deal more with such a complex theme.

But thanks for your help and perhaps any other people will find a solution.

In future i'll watching with DVBViewer, this works fine with the TechniSat, but it's sad because with my old Card (Hauppauge Nova) ProgDVB works very well and there are some features i will miss.

Sargent_Salty